kroyin
11-17-2016, 01:28 PM
Last lot 2-2.5 inch Tony Tan discus

1 Royal Ruby Red
2 Mercury Blue
3 & 4 Rose Red

Clawhammer
11-17-2016, 01:36 PM
Great looking discus! So clean... Congrats!

Ryan925
11-17-2016, 02:47 PM
I really am intrigued by the Mercury strain. Love the white with blue hues. I have tried to find good info of what they look like mature. When I Google I get a lot of pics that look like dark angels. Not sure if that's how they turn out or just mislabeled photos

Nice group you've got there

atlantadiscus
11-17-2016, 03:45 PM
I got a dark angel in my latest purchase from Hans {just under a month ago}, to be honest,it was my last preference/pick of that purchase as I just was not sure I really totally liked the color based off the photos- but once it arrived,I think it may be my favorite of all my discus! Wonderful contrast of charcoal/blue/silver and touch of red around the mouth makes a very attractive looking fish,surprisingly.I also have fallen for that little sucker as he is the smallest out of my 8 and takes no crap from any of the others,including the tank bully,a much larger blue diamond.

kroyin
11-17-2016, 10:59 PM
Mercury from Tony Tan is not a strain that comes often . in fact the dealer in India had received this strain for the very first time .
He said to think of it as a White Faced Blue Melon :-)

Pices
11-17-2016, 11:21 PM
Nice looking fish. I'm wanting to see these guys grow up here. I'd also love to see a pic of your blue angel Atlantadiscus. Sounds cool.

kroyin
11-18-2016, 02:01 AM
From discususa

Mercury Blue Angel- Tony Tan

Not a Super Blue Angel, and not a Platinum Blue Angel. The Mercury Blue Angel is the result of years of crosses using Tony's Super Blue Angel. It is a dark blue with light face Discus.

So the description of White face Blue Melon was not far off

adrian31@outlook.com
11-18-2016, 08:52 AM
From discususa

Mercury Blue Angel- Tony Tan

Not a Super Blue Angel, and not a Platinum Blue Angel. The Mercury Blue Angel is the result of years of crosses using Tony's Super Blue Angel. It is a dark blue with light face Discus.

So the description of White face Blue Melon was not far off

RE: Mercury Blue Angel: I ordered two of these Tony Tan discus, sized 5"-6", should receive them next week. Talked to the supplier last night and he said their shade goes from 'deep blue' to 'lighter blue like the Super Blue Angel' depending on their mood. He didn't mention the white face but that sounds nice to me. Can't wait to get mine.

kroyin
11-18-2016, 09:47 AM
Would be good to see how a near adult specimen looks like

adrian31@outlook.com
12-16-2016, 11:50 AM
I really am intrigued by the Mercury strain. Love the white with blue hues. I have tried to find good info of what they look like mature. When I Google I get a lot of pics that look like dark angels. Not sure if that's how they turn out or just mislabeled photos

Ryan,

The two Mercury Blues I got in my 2nd batch are about 6" and are blue with lighter faces. At first their light faces weren't as apparent, but their full colors came in after they were settled in.

Their shade of blue I'd say is medium and their faces are light blue. I'll try and post good pics of them in the next couple of days.

Kenny

RogueDiscus
12-16-2016, 01:01 PM

If I recall correctly from a conversation with Kenny years ago, there used to be a Mercury strain that was a cross between a blue diamond and a white butterfly. It sort of had blue-ish peppering over the white base, which I think is what you're seeing that is similar to the DA. Kenny said it was used as a good intermediate strain (like F1's) to get back to the parents.

adrian31@outlook.com
12-16-2016, 03:09 PM
RE: Mercury Blue Discus: here is one of mine:

kroyin
12-26-2016, 02:58 PM
RE: Mercury Blue Discus: here is one of mine:

I did see David labell's Facebook post about the shipment to Cayman islands, as well as the Mercury's he had in his tank .

To be very honest I'll prefer a blue diamond with deep blue gene :-(