PDA

View Full Version : Help request: Inserting logos onto photos

Carolina discus
12-05-2016, 11:28 PM
Hello Everyone,
I am hoping someone can point us in the right direction. How does one add a logo or company name to photos? Any guidance would be appreciated....we have tried several things and cannot get anything to work.
Thanks in advance

warblad79
12-05-2016, 11:53 PM
MS paint or Photoshop

RobbieRobV
12-06-2016, 12:33 AM
If you have Lightroom, there is a watermark function. I am a professional photographer and I shoot a lot of events at night clubs and such aside from my wedding gigs. In the night club gigs, I have to watermark my images with the logo of the club. You simply choose the watermark option when you go to export the image and it will add your watermark to the image. You can chose regular font or you can add an image in png format so that it has a transparent back and it does not look out of place in your photos. If you need more help with this, please PM me and let me know what you are having trouble with. I highly recommend shooting in RAW format and using Lightroom's exposure functions to edit the lighting in your photos. You will never turn back once you've got the hang of it and your images will look very professional. I would go over and do all your photos for you guys in exchange for a couple of nice 4" discus:) Here are a couple of my shots from 3 days ago.

brewmaster15
12-06-2016, 08:12 AM
Hi Eric,

An easy tool for this is to download Gimp... https://www.gimp.org/downloads/

Its free and theres a windows version.

Once you download and install it there is a text tool... this will let you write on the image, Gimp is just as powerful as photoshop but free:) For a casual user its more than adequate.

al

brewmaster15
12-06-2016, 08:23 AM
If you have who ever made that logo make you a transparency or several versions you can easily add your logo a water mark, without all that white in the above example. If you do go with Gimp, and need help on how to use theres a ton of resources online and I am a phone call away.:)

al

rickztahone
12-06-2016, 12:38 PM
Eric, let me know what you are working with and I can try to make you a png file out of it so you can just tack it on with Gimp as Al suggested.

Discus-n00b
12-06-2016, 03:44 PM
I was going to offer the same thing as Ricardo, let me know what programs you work in or have available and I can possibly help out. If you use photoshop I can make you a brush pattern and you just stamp it on each time however photoshop only let's you grayscale brush presets so you wouldn't get the red/white/blue distinction that way.

I turned the white transparent, had to clean up the smaller text a bit as it would of been to much quality loss there. Won't look transparent but it's a PNG file so once you open it up it will be a transparent background. Take this, resize to watermark size you want and put it over the JPEG image. You could also keep the stars white if you wanted, I just turned all white transparent.
http://i.imgur.com/V05roYh.png

This is what it can sort of look like
http://i.imgur.com/aGluUiG.jpg

Let me know if I can help.