PDA

View Full Version : White aquarium sand

adrian31@outlook.com
12-20-2016, 09:49 AM
Hi all,

I got my 'Jurassic Sparkling White Sand' yesterday and put some in my tank to test. It looks great, the fish love it, and it presents no problem during siphoning/cleaning.

It is at least as fine, maybe finer, that PFS.

It is actually the color of salt or sugar so absolutely everything else shows up well against it, i.e. tiny particles of beef heart. Here are two pics:

Phillydubs
12-20-2016, 11:30 AM
Wow, that is pretty cool! I wonder if it will tunrn color over time?

How was it to clean and get in the tank? Did it cloud your water at all?

adrian31@outlook.com
12-20-2016, 12:04 PM
Wow, that is pretty cool! I wonder if it will tunrn color over time?

How was it to clean and get in the tank? Did it cloud your water at all?

Hi Phil,

I didn't rinse at all beforehand, just straight into tank (their website said it doesn't cloud water). It didn't cloud my water at all, unlike the PFS which did cloud my water a lot.

I'll have to wait and see if it changes color over time. Before I purchased it I searched and couldn't find any info on being used in an aquarium. But I figured it's silica so should be safe for Discus.

My only concern was it might be too light and get sucked up by my siphon during cleaning, but it's all good so far, I can clean the sand in the siphon and it goes back down just like PFS.

Phillydubs
12-20-2016, 12:06 PM
Where did you purchase it?

adrian31@outlook.com
12-20-2016, 12:12 PM
Where did you purchase it?

I bought it on amazon.com:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FSRWFMA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Phillydubs
12-20-2016, 03:42 PM
Very cool! Thanks for the info... I love how it looks. Can you take a full tank shot with it?

Did you buy that big *** 50 pound box? Lol, they don't sell it smaller?

adrian31@outlook.com
12-20-2016, 04:41 PM
Very cool! Thanks for the info... I love how it looks. Can you take a full tank shot with it?

Did you buy that big *** 50 pound box? Lol, they don't sell it smaller?

Yeah I got the 50lb box, but it comes in smaller bags/boxes.

I still only have half the tank floor covered, one of my Mercury Blues got spooked and scratched his side pretty bad when I was pouring in the sand, so I want to wait maybe a week before putting the other half. I'll take a full tank picture once it's all in.