PDA

View Full Version : My First Order from Al & Aquatic Suppliers

GVB
12-20-2016, 10:41 AM

Thought I'd do a quick review of my first experience with Aquatic Suppliers. I ordered a variety of foods including 50gr Blackworm Pellets, 250ml Diskusgold PlanktoPlus Pellets, 50gr Freeze Dried Blackworms, and 50gr Bio Pigment Plus Freeze Dried Blackworms.

Before this order I had never tried blackworms or the other foods so I did not know what to expect. Al did a great job with putting tips and recommendations on the pellets foods.

My fish took to the blackworms like nothing else on the first feeding, perhaps even more carnally than they go after my beefheart mix that I make for them. My fish love the blackworms and I find that some of my bigger 8-9inch jumbo discus who are usually not too interested in certain foods pretty much devour these blackworms over anything else I offer them. Currently I feed as a treat once per day or every other day... or else I'll go through my 100grams all to quickly since I am feeding 100+ 3-4inch fry as well as 40+ adults.

My fish naturally had a bit of an initial aversion to the pellets as happens with most new foods but after a few days of exposure to only the pellets they took to eating the pellets fairly well. I like the Blackworm Pellets but I think I prefer the Diskus PlanktoPlus Pellets for my needs. The pellets have a nice soft texture to them and my fish took to them faster. The ingredients are diverse and very beneficial in my opinion. Al also included a sample of Aquatic Suppliers Discus Chow which I have yet to try but I will be using it in the new couple of weeks!

All in all, having seen people buying the products before and raving about them, I went from taking their statements with a grain of salt to now having to say for myself that the blackworms really exceeded my expectations and are like candy for my fish... I have to be careful that I don't feed them too much or else they will stop liking my other foods lol.... so thanks Al & Aquatic Suppliers, I look forward to getting more food from you!

Second Hand Pat
12-20-2016, 10:46 AM
Hi Greg, the discus chow is good for your fry and is specifically formulated for them. Would you mind if I moved this to Al's sponsor section?
Pat

GVB
12-20-2016, 11:18 AM
Yeah sure no problem!

Hi Greg, the discus chow is good for your fry and is specifically formulated for them. Would you mind if I moved this to Al's sponsor section?
Pat

Phillydubs
12-20-2016, 11:38 AM
Nice to hear Greg! Way to register your fish for Black Worms Anonymous! Hahah!

What is your standard approach to introducing new food? I am like you, trying new foods now and trying to get my wilds to take anything and everything and to vary their diet. So far the only this food method for a few days seems to work.

Al gave me some sound advice and said that healthy fish are opportunist. They may be fickle to start but they will eat, be patient and forceful and don't cave and you can get them to eat anything. Would you agree?

GVB
12-20-2016, 11:55 AM
Nice to hear Greg! Way to register your fish for Black Worms Anonymous! Hahah!

What is your standard approach to introducing new food? I am like you, trying new foods now and trying to get my wilds to take anything and everything and to vary their diet. So far the only this food method for a few days seems to work.

Al gave me some sound advice and said that healthy fish are opportunist. They may be fickle to start but they will eat, be patient and forceful and don't cave and you can get them to eat anything. Would you agree?

I would agree, I find that fish (healthy and eager to eat) wil take bites of the pellets but often spit them out at first. The worms were a different story as they ate them with no second thoughts. My method is on par with Al's in that you have to basically force the food on them for several days until they take to the food. You cannot feed other foods during this time. And the key is, as you mentioned, to not cave. The fish will be fine with this aclimation for a few days with no deliterious health effects considering they can go wthout food for a considerable length of time depending on age of course. There are the rare "super eaters", as I call them, which are young fish that just devour food no matter how new or foreign it is to them.

I am trying lots of new foods from a variety of suppliers so I will be posting reviews of the new things I try as I go! Like you said, vary their diet, I think this is good for their health and can really bring out their colors and beef em up without having to pump beefheart through their systems multiple times a day which can really make water maintance a pain. I have wilds as well and they loved the blackworms!

brewmaster15
12-23-2016, 12:53 PM
Greg,
Thank you for your business and your detailed review here! I am very happy that your experience was positive. Thats my goal foremost in my business.

Best always,
Al