PDA

View Full Version : Always carry your camera

Discus-n00b
01-24-2017, 05:36 PM
I saw Al mentioned he tried to carry his camera everywhere now, I usually try and do the same. Just a backpack in the trunk whenever I'm going out even to work. The reason I post this is I missed an opportunity yesterday. Driving home at work around 5pm, frustrated at traffic ready to be home from a tough day, and we had just been getting pummeled with storms the past couple of days. It was golden hour and the clouds were clearing but there was a backdrop of dark grey/black clouds in the East, sun setting in the West and huge flocks of bright white birds (not sure what they are, egrets, gulls, not sure) were moving across the sky backdropped by those deep dark clouds and illuminated by the golden hour sun. It would have been a magical photo, like rains on the Serengeti type of photo. But I didn't have the camera with me at the time, shame. If you have the opportunity to pack the camera when you go out, do it. You never know what you will come across. Sometimes the phone won't suffice.

brewmaster15
01-24-2017, 05:39 PM
OUCHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! :( I feel your pain Matt, I've been there too many times. There are few things worse than seeing something like that and having to say " I wish I had my camera!"

al

Second Hand Pat
01-24-2017, 05:46 PM
I'm with Al...Ouch :(
Pat

two utes
01-24-2017, 05:57 PM
That's such a shame Matt. Would have been great to see that shot, and l'm sure it would have been awesome. Its those times when you don't have you're gear that you get caught out. When l started doing my walks in some local park lands, l came across a mob of kangaroos just lazing around in the sun, with little joeys playing about. Didn't have my camera with me at the time. I have seen plenty of roos since with my camera in hand, but l missed my opportunity for a good shot.

SMB2
01-24-2017, 06:32 PM
Cell Phone!?

(I have to say I'm guilty as well.)

rickztahone
01-24-2017, 06:37 PM
Been there...well not with the particular scene you are describing but I have had my own missed opportunities.

Discus-n00b
01-24-2017, 07:29 PM
The cell phone wouldn't of even come close to what I wanted to show lol and there was some distance.

LizStreithorst
01-24-2017, 10:04 PM
Sorry you missed taking the picture due to your own stupidity. You knew better than not to always have your camera with you. You just screwed up this time.

Look on the bright side. You saw what you missed shooting the picture, but you composed it in your head, so it's still there. You just can't share it except in words. Your words painted a good picture in my mind. I can see it in my mind's eye.

brewmaster15
01-25-2017, 08:08 AM
Sorry you missed taking the picture due to your own stupidity. You knew better than not to always have your camera with you. You just screwed up this time.

lol...Matt No Sympathy there for you from Liz!!:evilgrin:

Look on the bright side. You saw what you missed shooting the picture, but you composed it in your head, so it's still there. You just can't share it except in words. Your words painted a good picture in my mind. I can see it in my mind's eye. Its not as permanent as a Picture but Liz is right. I saw it to.:)

al