PDA

View Full Version : Need some advise on setting up my discus

Ash92
01-25-2017, 12:55 PM
Hi guys I've set up my 75 gallon tank for my discus it's all cycled and ready for fish I'm so excited ��but I'm moving up stairs in a month or two but really want my fish would it be OK to still get my fish but move them when I go upstairs what do you guys think?

Lido
01-25-2017, 01:38 PM
Fish are shipped all over the world and I'm sure it would be just fine. But why not wait until you make the move to set up? Just wondering? It would save a ton of additional stress on the fish and a possible mini cycle when you move the tank.

Ash92
01-25-2017, 01:51 PM
I understand that but I'm so excited to get them lol it shouldn't effect the water that much would it?

Ash92
01-25-2017, 05:23 PM
More opinions would help guys comment and let me no

Akili
01-25-2017, 06:20 PM
Fish are shipped all over the world and I'm sure it would be just fine. But why not wait until you make the move to set up? Just wondering? It would save a ton of additional stress on the fish and a possible mini cycle when you move the tank.I would wait the four weeks and then get them. They would have hardly settled and acclimatization. Sometimes it take more than 2 to 3 weeks for them to settle. The move so soon may prolong that.

Fish Tank Travis
01-25-2017, 07:05 PM
Is your tank already cycled?

Akili
01-25-2017, 07:11 PM
Is your tank already cycled?OP mentions in his post that the tank is cycled and ready.

Hi guys I've set up my 75 gallon tank for my discus it's all cycled and ready for fish I'm so excited ��but I'm moving up stairs in a month or two but really want my fish would it be OK to still get my fish but move them when I go upstairs what do you guys think?

Neptune
01-25-2017, 07:58 PM
If its a new tank and its cycled, and there are no fish in it....you could add the new discus directly into the tank if they are all bought at the same time from the same source.

Fish Tank Travis
01-25-2017, 11:18 PM
OP mentions in his post that the tank is cycled and ready.

Thanks, I missed that the first time through.

Ash92
01-26-2017, 04:08 AM
Yes the tank is all cycled all ready for my fish and I am buying all the fish from the same breeder at one time

lavarubble
01-26-2017, 04:26 AM
I understand your impatience. What happens to your valuable fish while you move upstairs. How difficult will it be to move the tank. You will also need to make sure cycled filters etc are maintained. Are you getting a special deal from the breeder. Would the breeder 'mind' them until you move. No answer from me as all these things must be considered.

Ash92
01-26-2017, 04:39 AM
How i was going to move the fish was drain tank water into a bucket then hook my external filter up to the bucket keep it all running until I move the tank up stairs fill it and get the temp right but now reading what you guys have put i think I'm going to wait. less stress for the fish and gives my water to get rite again after the move