PDA

View Full Version : Water Change Feedback

LJSmith
01-26-2017, 10:27 AM
Hey guys- looking for some input/feedback:

In my 125 G community tank I have been doing 50% WC every 2 days. I fill the tank directly from the tap via a Python. I add Prime to the tank at the full dose.
My pH out of the tap is 6.6-6.8 after a 24 hr sit. The Tank sits at the same pH.
GH and KH are 3.0.
TDS about 35 out of the tap and 51 in the tank.

I match temp (82 degrees) and off it goes.

The fish hate the WC at the time, but soon after completion they are out bustling about.

My question is regarding microbubbles. I do get that coating of bubble on the refill and the milky look out of the return flow. I am running an Eheim Pro 4+ 600, an AC110, and an airdisk under the Eheim spraybar, so I was not overly concerned as there is good flow and surface agitation.

I am not trying to create a problem where there is not one, but want to make sure I am not under reacting to the micro-bubbles.

Clawhammer
01-26-2017, 11:25 AM
This thread has some good information...

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?126837-microbubbles-looking-for-some-innovation-to-tackle-them

LJSmith
01-26-2017, 04:02 PM
Thank you sir. Such a wealth of information here.

Filip
02-02-2017, 03:22 AM
Lucas , try to take care of striping the microbubbles away from your tap during the WCs as shown in the examples from the link that Dan has send you .
They can be irritating to discus and can cause their slime coat to peel after every straight tap WC , and that practise should be avoided on the long run.
Microbubbles are especially present in winter so try to find some way to filter the tap water through fine filter materials prior it ends up in your tank .