PDA

View Full Version : Do you take Pictures?

brewmaster15
02-06-2017, 01:47 PM
Twenty questions anyone?:)

Do you take Pictures?
Do you have a digital slr camera or phone camera?
Do you still use film?
What kind of camera or Phone?
What do you take pics of?
What do you do with them?
Happy with what you achieve?
Want to improve?

Ok so not twenty questions. More like a few introductory ones to help me understand you and your needs. These aren't questions that only photography pros can answer, Actually I am hoping that all of YOU non experts will stop in and answer them.

Where do you see yourself when it comes to Photography? Where do you hope to one day be.

Don't be shy, Every photography pro starts at the same spot you may be standing on or have recently stood on. So speak up. Tell us about your interests in Photography and your experience or lack of it. Introduce yourself and your gear however simple that may be. Fancy gear isn't needed.

Kicking around some fun ideas in our photo focus group discussions, but in order for them to be fun, we needs a bunch of members to participate... hint... hint.

al

two utes
02-06-2017, 05:13 PM
I love to take pictures!
I have a cannon SLR which only takes film :( A Nikon Coolpix with 40X zoom, and my Samsung S5 mobile phone camera.
I don't use film because l'm not always happy with what l get back from development, and by then l cant remember the photos settings.
I take all sorts of pics. Scenery when l'm traveling, Portraits when l'm fishing, and always trying to capture the majestic marlin jump shot without success, and photos of my discus....not to mention all the family outing shots as well.
Some of my photos are hanging on my walls, but mainly sharing on Facebook or forums like on here. My wife uses them for her scrap booking, and I've sent a few in to fishing magazine which l have has published :)
I'm only happy with about 10% of the photos l take...l'm very fussy.
Yes! Yes! Yes l want to improve.
I dont expect for every shot to be an award winner, but l'd like to think that l can take better shots with my equipment. I have picked up lots of good pointers from the good people on here, but l still have loads to learn.
Reading one of your posts recently Al, l've come to realize that l should probably purchase an SLR Digital, and l appreciate the fact that l can get away with an older cheaper model....i've seen all your shots, and l'd be rapped to get the similar results.

LizStreithorst
02-06-2017, 05:34 PM
I used to take a lot more pics than I take now. I knew how to use the camera better before the user's manual was accidentally thrown into the burn pile. I did not to it. I was pissed when I pulled it out, burned in half and unusable. I this was like 9 years ago. I suppose I should buy another. All I do now is set it on Auto and keep my fingers crossed.

My camera is a Nikon D80. My 2 lenses are a Nikkor 18-200mm. and a Nicokkor 50mm. The 50 mm takes better fish pics but I haven't put it on for ever since the other lens is easier and more versatile.

I like taking pics of fish most. I no longer take good pics of fish unless I get lucky. It's frustrating.

I'll take the pic of a flower close up once in a while. Sometimes I wish I had a macro lens but I'd never get smart enough to use it well, and macro lenses are expensive! I also take pics of birds who are in the nesting mood, and sometimes I'll take pics of my dogs.

I wish that I were a decent photographer. But I'm not good at following written instructions. I've never been much good at that and I've gotten worse. I learn best by be shown how by a real person.

bikerdude
02-06-2017, 06:19 PM
I use a 4x5 calumet with sheet film, and 8x10 berk and james also sheet film. I shoot alot of black and white, and some transperencies. mostly stills and advertising. I also have a nikon digital for fun stuff.