PDA

View Full Version : Would like to properly introduce myself

RobbieRobV
02-17-2017, 05:54 AM
Hello everyone,
My name is Rob and I am from Canton, Georgia. I've been lurking these forums for a little while now, and I've posted a few times when the poop has hit the fan for me... So I figure it's about time I introduce myself and purchase a membership as a thank you for everyone who has helped me out so far. I personally want to thank Al Sabetta for taking the time to submit responses for me when I wasn't sure exactly what I was dealing with. Everything has completely cleared up in my tanks and all my discus are currently healthy, eating eagerly, breathing regularly from both gills, colorful and all are pressing up against the glass when I turn on the light in the morning. I am specially grateful for Al's help.

A huge reason why I've upgraded my membership is also because of the great sponsor section you host here. I have some of the most amazing discus right now thanks to the great sources listed here. I acquired a pair of Leopards w\ ring gene from Uncle Sam's Discus and they are in a separate 29g shaking and cleaning up the cone non-stop. So, yeah, I cannot express how much appreciation I have for this forum. The wealth of knowledge on discus here is like going to discus university. Hopefully with some help, I can get this pair to raising a nice group of beautiful healthy fish.

Thanks a ton guys,
Rob

Filip
02-17-2017, 08:22 AM
I'm very happy that things turned up allrigh for you and your discus Rob . Thanks for the forum support through your premium membership.
BTW.Those are some real nice looking Leopards you have got Rob.
I wish you good luck with your future breeding tryouts.

RobbieRobV
02-17-2017, 08:39 AM
Thanks Filip... It means a lot that you like the way they look. I'm going to do everything i can to make sure they stay healthy the entire time and that they make some beautiful offspring.

brewmaster15
02-17-2017, 09:55 AM
Rob, They Look great! Thanks again for your kind words and Support here. Stories like yours are really why this forum exists. Personally I really do love it when a Hobbyist succeeds and is happy with their fish and the Forum.:) Glad to help as I can to make that happen.

Thanks again!

Al

RogueDiscus
02-17-2017, 12:28 PM
Nice PBs Rob. Thanks for the kind words and premium membership support. We could use more of that :) Like many, I think I would have given up on discus a long time ago if not for this forum. I'm happy to be able to give back through my membership and being invited to be a moderator.

RobbieRobV
02-17-2017, 12:52 PM
Al, you've definitely helped... On top of the fact, when I first found this forum it was thanks to Joey from DIY FISHKEEPER'S YT channel. So I heard of you through the "how to: keep discus" video. The information you laid out there and the hope you gave me to actually pick some up was, let's call it "living room changing" (Since my living room is where I keep these beauties hahaha.) When you first responded to one of my messages I honestly felt honored that you take the time to chime in and help us out. You rock Al, if you weren't so far and I wasn't so broke after all these discus and tanks I would go and shake your hand.

RobbieRobV
02-17-2017, 12:55 PM
Nice PBs Rob. Thanks for the kind words and premium membership support. We could use more of that :) Like many, I think I would have given up on discus a long time ago if not for this forum. I'm happy to be able to give back through my membership and being invited to be a moderator.

Thanks a lot Rogue! Yeah, I definitely would be in a pickle if it wasn't for the wealth of knowledge on this forum and the help from the entire team.

Discus-n00b
02-17-2017, 06:27 PM
Welcome (sorta as you've been here a while!) Rob, glad to see you sign up and really dive in, nice to meet you. It is a great community here with so much knowledge, and like you said a sponsor section that can't be beat. I hope that pair produces for you soon, looks like some nice fish! Al's a stand up guy.

Jenene
02-17-2017, 07:19 PM
Al, you've definitely helped... On top of the fact, when I first found this forum it was thanks to Joey from DIY FISHKEEPER'S YT channel. So I heard of you through the "how to: keep discus" video. The information you laid out there and the hope you gave me to actually pick some up was, let's call it "living room changing" (Since my living room is where I keep these beauties hahaha.) When you first responded to one of my messages I honestly felt honored that you take the time to chime in and help us out. You this thin rock Al, if you weren't so far and I wasn't so broke after all these discus and tanks I would go and shake your hand.

Nice post Rob, and surely appreciated from the guys that keep this forum running, informative and a friendly place to exchange ideas. This is such a valuable place to be able to keep discus healthy and growing. I also found my fish here from another sponsor and have been thrilled with their color and growth.

At the mention of Joey and his DIY channel he just posted a behind the scene unboxing of 500 discus. I had always wondered what goes on when they get so many in at one time. Pop over to youtube and check it out. You can see where your fish came from. Keep us posted on the lovebirds!