PDA

View Full Version : number of fish

johny2hats
03-02-2017, 07:03 AM
hi all am wanting to get some discus and have a 5x2x2 tank I am wondering if it would be ok to only put 2 fish in it at this time until I can afford to buy more or would they be stressed out in a tank of this size in a small number.I currently have 5 clown loaches in it and its bare bottom.

jim LI
03-02-2017, 09:24 AM
There a quite a few threads on this forum addressing the minimum number of discus that should be kept in a tank. consensus is not less than 6 in any tank, to decrease aggression and allow the fish to be in a more natural environment with more fish for them to school with.

Ryan925
03-02-2017, 10:29 AM
There a quite a few threads on this forum addressing the minimum number of discus that should be kept in a tank. consensus is not less than 6 in any tank, to decrease aggression and allow the fish to be in a more natural environment with more fish for them to school with.

+1 also by putting all fish in at once you avoid potential cross contamination issues and extra qt process

DatDiscusDude
03-02-2017, 11:29 AM
Wait and save... As hard as it may be, it will be worth it in the end as the 2 other guys have said. All at once reduces many issues and you will be glad you waited and did it this way.

bluelagoon
03-02-2017, 11:31 AM
Wonder no longer!!! 2 young discus is a deadly number.