PDA

View Full Version : Early Morning Yellowlegs

Second Hand Pat
03-05-2017, 01:18 PM
Greater Yellowlegs at Merritt Island.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/671/32419950984_97388b51a0_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/RoQHW9)DSC_3883 (https://flic.kr/p/RoQHW9)

LJSmith
03-05-2017, 02:23 PM
That's awesome.

brady
03-05-2017, 03:23 PM
We were down on Anna Marie Is. for a month and the one place I wanted to go to
was the Merit Island preserve to get some pictures such as that. But, I would have to take rt 4 and I was told by
several people who live on the Island and in Bradenton that 4 was a nightmare to drive.
Is this true, because next year we are going back for a month and I really would like to go there.
Jay

Discus-n00b
03-06-2017, 09:35 AM
Very nice Pat! I like the height this was taken at. Low enough to feel like you are at the water line but not like a horizon. Nice sepia tones too, I guess thats the morning light.

Jay are you talking about going from Tampa through Orlando to the east coast on Interstate 4? I'm not Floridian so they may have a better answer but I have driven it multiple times and I really didn't find it to be that much of an issue except in certain spots at certain times. And if you are going towards Titusville you probably won't even really hit all of those spots. I've only personally seen it really bog down around Lake Buena Vista, the Disney exits. The Seaworld - Universal - Disney stretch can be a nightmare but you should only have to get through Disney and then jump off towards Titusville (528 toll road). I hate paying tolls, but it may be worth it. I remember 528 being fairly wide open when I used it last, but that might of been an off time. Unless you are just trying to go all the way up to 95 at Daytona and come back but that seems a bit unnecessary to me. A Floridian can guide you on that lol. That Lake Buena Vista spot can be a nightmare especially if there are accidents and especially in Summer time. Should be able to jump off and find a cut through though. All of those roads seem to connect at some point or other around Disney, Celebration, and Kissimmee. And it always felt worse traffic wise in the summer time of course, peak vacation season. Once you get past all of that, should you go all the way to Daytona it seems to flow just fine.

Second Hand Pat
03-06-2017, 09:48 AM
Jay, I-4 is a nightmare especially around the areas Matt mentioned but also I-4 is undergoing a major revamp between Orlando and Daytona. It is best to come east on I-4 from Tampa, take the North 417 exit to 528 east. Note that 417/528 are toll roads. You can stop at a Publix and get an e-pass and prepay it with a credit card. It is nice if on a lot of toll roads.
Pat

Second Hand Pat
03-06-2017, 09:56 AM
That's awesome.

Thanks Lucas. :)

Second Hand Pat
03-06-2017, 10:02 AM
Very nice Pat! I like the height this was taken at. Low enough to feel like you are at the water line but not like a horizon. Nice sepia tones too, I guess thats the morning light.

Thanks Matt, it is and I added a slight bit of warmth to add to the effect.
Pat

brady
03-06-2017, 10:51 AM
Thanks Pat and Matt for the info, appreciate it. I will be down there in Feb. so maybe
It won't be so bad and I will follow your directions.
Jay

Second Hand Pat
03-06-2017, 11:44 AM
Thanks Pat and Matt for the info, appreciate it. I will be down there in Feb. so maybe
It won't be so bad and I will follow your directions.
Jay

Jay, holler at me before coming and perhaps we can meet up and have lunch/dinner or something.
Pat