PDA

View Full Version : Matcha Tea anyone?

brewmaster15
03-27-2017, 09:24 AM
I'm a big fan of coffee, and I really enjoy green teas as well. Natural evolution was to make the jump to Matcha Green tea powder. Its a bit different tasting from Green tea, since you basically are drinking the whole tea leaf thats been ground into a very fine powder. It looks like pea green soup.:) But its super packed with nutrition and though it has caffeine it also has compound called , L-Theanine, which creates a more relaxed alertness. Oh yeah, it also has 137 times the antioxidants in a cup of green tea. Its green because its grown in the shade the 3 weeks before harvest and processed differently.

It comes is several varieties, the Ceremonial grade is the best for Drinking , and sources from Japan is best by most accounts. Its also the most expensive. There are cheaper suppliers from China . There is a culinary grade sold as well thats added to cooking.

Anyone else drink Matcha? If so which do you use.

If you don't and you like Green tea for is various health benefits... Look into Matcha Powdered tea,

al

Poppa Ryno
03-27-2017, 11:33 AM
Coffee first, matcha second.. Then & only then can life begin. Lol

Altum Nut
03-27-2017, 07:22 PM
I tried 2.... Maple Matcha of course and Vanilla Matcha when my daughter used to work at David's Tea.
I'm with Ryan and prefer a dark roast coffee first. Wish I had a taste for the Matcha and a second job to afford the health benefits.

https://www.davidstea.com/ca_en/collections/shop-matcha

...Ralph

brewmaster15
03-27-2017, 08:43 PM
I tried 2.... Maple Matcha of course and Vanilla Matcha when my daughter used to work at David's Tea.
I'm with Ryan and prefer a dark roast coffee first. Wish I had a taste for the Matcha and a second job to afford the health benefits.

https://www.davidstea.com/ca_en/collections/shop-matcha

...Ralph lol Ralph! Its actually less expensive than good coffee as you need far less!:)

I start the day off with Java too...then matcha mid morning.

Al

Pardal
03-27-2017, 10:00 PM
uhm,

I have to check it out Al.
I do prefer coffee also but I have my tea as well . the way I do it is coffee in the morning teas at night time.
I remember when I bought the Rooi Bush for fish and end up drinking up my self:D for the benefits , nice taste specially with honey.
Julian.

gunnerschh2
03-28-2017, 03:37 PM
Bought some organic matcha about a month ago on a wim & just read your post Al so i tried it just now & don't like.I'll trade you it for more worms. I'm a coffe drinker & the only tea i seem to like is at dim sum so i'll try there brand.

Cevoe
03-29-2017, 02:47 PM
Worms for tea....now how cool is that?

brewmaster15
03-29-2017, 03:29 PM
Bought some organic matcha about a month ago on a wim & just read your post Al so i tried it just now & don't like.I'll trade you it for more worms. I'm a coffe drinker & the only tea i seem to like is at dim sum so i'll try there brand.

lol... Thanks Harry but I am stocked up on Matcha and have my favorites that I use. Try adding it to some coffee.... best of both worlds@!:)

al

brewmaster15
03-29-2017, 03:29 PM
Worms for tea....now how cool is that?

HA! I don't think so Chris!:)
al