PDA

View Full Version : python who?!?!

clark12
04-04-2017, 07:40 PM
i just drained 35 gallons in 1 minute and 37 seconds with my new wayne pc4 external transfer pump. that used to take 15-20 minutes (depending on city water pressure) with my python water changer. now thats shaving time on water changes. still have some tweaking to do but thats awesome!

Kyla
04-04-2017, 10:22 PM
sweet! saving time here and there can really streamline wc. when i want to drain the tank fast i hook up a drain hose to the fx5 output and turn the filter on. i should time it too.

SomeFin's Fishy
04-05-2017, 05:18 PM
Draining the water isn't what takes the time, it's filling all the tanks............

clark12
04-05-2017, 06:08 PM
Draining the water isn't what takes the time, it's filling all the tanks............

filling does take a bit of time. but this is why i bought an external transfer pump. once i get my 55 gallon drum i can pump aged water almost as fast. although i am going to put a Y on the discharge side when i fill and have one pipe go to the tank and the other back into the drum so i can control the flow into the tank without burning up the pump or too strong of a stream to where the fish get stressed