PDA

View Full Version : Discus vibrating - to young to be pairing... I think?

Bizarro252
06-22-2017, 01:32 AM
Hi!
First off, water param's and other important details:
0-0-10 (NH4-NO2-N03)
55gal with 6 discus, 30 gal WC daily
3-4 feedings daily, homemade food, FDBW, Frz Blood Worms, and Cobalt flake

Yesterday I saw these same two doing this, and today I saw the same two doing it again, twice. They kinda nibble on the rubber grommet thing and vibrate at it, not really at eachother, but will do this for quite a while, swim away for a bit amd return.

Looking around the forum shaking like this seems to be pairing behavior but these guys are approx 5...maybe 6 months old (bought them at 3" from Hans 2 months ago, so guessing but that should be fairly accurate).

Not sure if this video link will work, I can open it in an incognito window so I think it should, please let me know if not.

https://vimeo.com/222628528

Thank you!

Edit: another video:

https://vimeo.com/222628549

Second Hand Pat
06-22-2017, 09:03 AM
You are looking at pair behavior as you guessed. Teenagers will be teenagers lol.
Pat

Bizarro252
06-22-2017, 11:06 AM
LOL OKy Doke, thanks Pat :)
My angel bonded pair act the same when they start cleaning a site for their eggs but I figured these guys were to young to be concerned with that, they need to concentrate on eating and pooping for now haha.

I didnt notice until I looked at the videos because I was focused on watching them, but the others in the tank seem to be marveling at their behavior lol.

Clawhammer
06-22-2017, 11:15 AM
You are looking at pair behavior as you guessed. Teenagers will be teenagers lol.
Pat

Lolololol

Keith Perkins
06-22-2017, 03:13 PM
Pat

I trust you're speaking from personal experience and not just something you read on the internet somewhere. :D

Second Hand Pat
06-22-2017, 03:16 PM
I trust you're speaking from personal experience and not just something you read on the internet somewhere. :D

Quit giving away my secrets :p Keith.