PDA

View Full Version : Purigen reactor question

Moon27021
08-12-2017, 03:01 PM
Hello guys,

I just bought a 125 gallon tank. Finally finished my tank stand. I'm ready to set up. I have an FX6 and was wanting to add a Purigen reactor. I'm pretty sure my flow will be too much, but I don't think I want to choke down my return. Should I tee off and just run some of the water through or is there a better way. After speaking to a few of you out there I'm gonna split my return for a "bullwinkle" set up and run my 2 hydor inline 300 w heaters. I really would like to have my reactor in there somewhere....any comments gladly welcome....

Ryan925
08-12-2017, 03:05 PM
Hello guys,

I just bought a 125 gallon tank. Finally finished my tank stand. I'm ready to set up. I have an FX6 and was wanting to add a Purigen reactor. I'm pretty sure my flow will be too much, but I don't think I want to choke down my return. Should I tee off and just run some of the water through or is there a better way. After speaking to a few of you out there I'm gonna split my return for a "bullwinkle" set up and run my 2 hydor inline 300 w heaters. I really would like to have my reactor in there somewhere....any comments gladly welcome....

I recently posted a thread where I just installed a purigen reactor. I teed into canister return and used an inline ball valve to throttle flow to the reactor. It has its own return running up to display tank. Eventually it will be running into my sump

Moon27021
08-12-2017, 04:05 PM
Great thread Ryan, and thank you for directing me to it...

Ryan925
08-12-2017, 04:21 PM
Sure lots of good info there. So many variations so you can choose what's best for you

jim LI
08-15-2017, 08:45 AM
I recently posted a thread where I just installed a purigen reactor. I teed into canister return and used an inline ball valve to throttle flow to the reactor. It has its own return running up to display tank. Eventually it will be running into my sump

This is the method I used for my reactor. I just tee'd my reactor output back into the canister return hose instead of a separate return line.