PDA

View Full Version : Question about eheim installation kit

jim LI
10-08-2017, 06:25 PM
I am using the eheim installation kits on my 2 - 2217 filters and something occurred to me.....can i use the outlet spray- bar as the intake pipe? I ask because it occurred to me, and it almost happened.. i had a slow leak on my intake hose at the filter and the tank started to siphon. i caught it in time, but if i didn't, the water would have leaked over 2/3 the tank, 72 gallon. if i use the outlet spray-bar as the intake, the siphon would break when it reached the highest hole on the pipe..does that make sense and is it possible?

thanks,
jim

dillct
10-09-2017, 10:04 AM
I'd address the problem with the intake, it shouldn't leak. Do you have plumbers tape on the threads where the intake attaches to the canister?

jim LI
10-09-2017, 11:56 AM
It leaked bcause the screw down connector to the hose loosened.. i tightened it to stop the leak.

Paul Sabucchi
10-09-2017, 01:50 PM
The downside to the spraybar is that during water changes if the water drops below the topmost hole then the part of pipe from the waterlevel upwards will empry and when you restart the filter it will have to go through the filter. Just a few days ago one of my dogs pulled the pipe a little loose from one of the filters of one of my mbuna tanks. Woke up to about 50 gallons on the living room floor, not funny. Starting to consider a bulk pyrchase of wifi flood sensors...

jim LI
10-10-2017, 07:47 AM
thanks. i also realized that if i use the spray-bar that way, the holes will act as a siphon and clog up with all the crap in the tank.