PDA

View Full Version : New look same old tank

Pardal
10-16-2017, 08:58 PM
Just playing with the tank design, while given a profilatic PP.

Disgirl
10-17-2017, 07:58 AM
Nice Julian, and what a great piece of wood!
Barb

Pardal
10-17-2017, 03:37 PM
Thanks Barb, I placed this manzanita upside down before, but I think this way is more appealing, reduced the amount of other drift woods since this tank is kind of Cube shape and look to crowd it.
I went also back to a very simple old school , took off the over flow( it was a pain to clean daily) and the sump, just plain old power filters and sponges, I know we can see the heaters but is a compromise I can live with it.

Julian.

Disgirl
10-17-2017, 03:46 PM
Are the cords on the heaters long enough to have the heaters lie on the bottom of the tank at the back? If not, is there a safe extension cord to use, that would have the cord connections way far from the water?
Barb

Pardal
10-17-2017, 08:32 PM
Are the cords on the heaters long enough to have the heaters lie on the bottom of the tank at the back? If not, is there a safe extension cord to use, that would have the cord connections way far from the water?
Barb

Thanks Barb
Will give it a shot with an extension the bottom I don't know why I didn't thought on that . I do it all the time in my other tanks, tank is 30" that is why takes so much cord.
Julian