PDA

View Full Version : Just got my first unconfirmed pair of Discus, Video included, lots of questions also!

Damothompson
12-17-2017, 07:34 AM
http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=1452164

Hey all, ok today i got my first pair of Discus from Aquatico in Melbourne. they look healthy but im still thinking about worming them with blue planets fluke and tapeworm tablets as iv heard there has been cases of worms from this shop. I just want to be safe then sorry.

i have alot more questions but firstly whats everyone think of my Discus and what kind do use all call them?

Second Hand Pat
12-17-2017, 08:51 AM
Hi Damothompson, first welcome to Simply. Your video link does not work. It wants you to install stuff. I would suggest you upload your video to Youtube and share it from there. Look forward to seeing your discus. :)
Pat

Damothompson
12-17-2017, 08:57 AM
Hi Damothompson, first welcome to Simply. Your video link does not work. It wants you to install stuff. I would suggest you upload your video to Youtube and share it from there. Look forward to seeing your discus. :)
Pat

cheers, here the video is: for some reason its converted it to very low qaulity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haS-KMKJV7k&feature=youtu.be

Damothompson
12-17-2017, 09:04 AM
some pics one of each of them:

Damothompson
12-17-2017, 09:46 AM
OK questions.... firstly should i give them a settle in period or am i rite to worm them now? and is it suggested that i do worm them comming from a source known for them?
iv been told i can use metroplex and a wormer together is this correct? if so what does the metro provide to the treatment? i have blueplanet tapeworm and flukeworm tablets, would it be safe to mix metroplex with the blueplanet worming med? i want to make sure these fish are disease free basically.

are these lines in the middle of my discus on the sides normal?

Second Hand Pat
12-17-2017, 10:07 AM
Give them several weeks to settle in. You want them to be settled and eating well before medicating. While you can mix meds I suggest you don't. It's harder on the fish plus give them a resting period between meds. I gather you are from Australia so suggest you PM Joe whom is also from Australia concerning worming meds available in your area. Here's is Joe's member profile http://forum.simplydiscus.com/member.php?15026-two-utes.

The line along the side of the fish is called a literal line. It is normal. :)
Pat

Damothompson
12-17-2017, 10:21 AM
cheers thanks alot mate.

How does everyone age there water here? Is filling up a drum of tap water and leaving it sit for a day good enough?

LJSmith
12-17-2017, 10:51 AM
You want to aerate it with an airstone so that you are gassing off anything in the water. Measure your ph out of the tap and then after aerating for 24hrs. Those values will be helpful to know as you progresss.

Damothompson
12-17-2017, 09:16 PM
You want to aerate it with an airstone so that you are gassing off anything in the water. Measure your ph out of the tap and then after aerating for 24hrs. Those values will be helpful to know as you progresss.

ok thanks alot.

undel
12-17-2017, 10:43 PM
You'll also want to find out if your local water uses free-chlorine or chloramine to sanitize its water. You can call them to find out if the information is not available on their website.

The former will gas off in 24 hours. The latter will take more time, and is best removed with something like Seachem Prime.