PDA

View Full Version : Two batches of Veil with Super Veil Angels

Pardal
01-25-2018, 11:12 PM
So I 'm just have free swimming today the second batch, and lager spawn. the previous spawn about a week , is already pea size or maybe a bit more.

Willie
01-26-2018, 08:48 AM
Now what are you going to do? :p They'll probably spawn again in 10 days.

Willie

Discus_to_die_for
01-26-2018, 10:35 AM
Very nice. What do the parents look like?
-JD

Pardal
01-27-2018, 09:42 PM
Now what are you going to do? :p They'll probably spawn again in 10 days.

Willie

Oh I know , believe me back in 2002 when I jump in to Discus, was running up to my ears with a few strain of Angels, end up whole saling them all to a vendor in the flea market. This time I won't get it go out hand.

Pardal
01-27-2018, 09:57 PM
Very nice. What do the parents look like?
-JD
JD They are veil and super veil really cool, with a 25% wild blood , really good instincts for Angels, they didn't eat the eggs/fry like regular Angels although i remove them a few minutes after free swimming just in case here are a few pics

LizStreithorst
01-27-2018, 09:58 PM
You will let it get out of hand again. I always say that I'll keep it under control and I still end up with fish coming out my ears.

What strain are these new kids of yours? They look good. Have you considered selling on Aquabid?

LizStreithorst
01-27-2018, 10:00 PM
I just saw your post. They're silvers.

Pardal
01-27-2018, 10:13 PM
Hi Liz
I least let say I will try. The parents are the F-2 of a cross of wild Peruvian and silver Veil. Yes I have my account on Aquabid. and have sale Discus before there. I just have to get more heating pads and refill my oxygen tank , you know the usual.
I do have a place for Angels in my heart, like you but my main focus is Discus.
Love your half blacks what other strains are you working with?
Julian.

LizStreithorst
01-27-2018, 10:34 PM
I have more going on than I'm comfortable with. I need to get off my duff and post some auctions or I'll be overrun again. I have some quarter size blue silver pearls and some quarter size gold pearls. I have wigglers that will free swim soon from a pair of German Blue blushers and a pair of blue Plats. The dang Half Blacks have gone on strike. They were the focal point of my breeding program. They make me hold my hands up in despair.

A couple of people are nagging me to breed my domestic RSGs again, but every time I give my heart to Discus it get's broken.

Pardal
01-29-2018, 09:13 PM
I sold all my Discus Pairs last year, to take a break, and have time to sell of the juvies which I did, My discus side is being slow I have a possible pair super red checkered, they start to clean their Cone after WC's but then give up . the rest of the Discus gang are mostly wild which are on strike even though their colors and health is excellent.