PDA

View Full Version : Question about medicated food

Lemon94
04-26-2018, 07:10 PM
I recently made medicated food for my discus. I added epsom salt, garlic powder and and General Cure into my beefheart mix, as one of my discus has internal parasites. I was wondering, can I feed them the medicated food more than once a day or can I only feed them the medicated food once a day?

Thanks .

Tjre
05-06-2018, 02:11 AM
I recently made medicated food for my discus. I added epsom salt, garlic powder and and General Cure into my beefheart mix, as one of my discus has internal parasites. I was wondering, can I feed them the medicated food more than once a day or can I only feed them the medicated food once a day?

Thanks .

I would look up commercial medicated food and see what their instructions say.

Second Hand Pat
05-06-2018, 08:17 AM

Thanks .

Hi Lemon, is it your intent to feed the medicated food as a preventative? If so please do not do that. If you are targeting something specific then try it for a short time and quit once the treatment works or you need to try something else.

Exposing fish to meds long term is not good healthwise and allows any pathogens to develop an immunity to the particular med being used.
Pat