PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone here ever owned a mule

LizStreithorst
09-17-2018, 04:52 PM
I never have but I have wanted one for a very long time. From what I understand, they way smarter that horses. If you do a mule wrong, he will never forget. If you treat him with respect he will respect you back.

That's kind of true with most all animals, but dogs and horses can forgive and forget. A mule holds a grudge forever.

brewmaster15
09-17-2018, 06:26 PM
I have never had one Liz. I would think it would be an interesting animal to keep. How do you think your horse would take to one? I think I have seen them together at farms up here in CT.

al

LizStreithorst
09-17-2018, 07:06 PM
My horse is very old, but I know that she would enjoy some company. I'm afraid that I am too old to train a mule.

Second Hand Pat
09-17-2018, 09:06 PM
Hi Liz, I have a horsey friend who is helping a friend with a mule. I can give her a shout if you have something specific you wish to ask. I hear they are smarter then horses also. Not sure about the grudge part!!
Pat

LizStreithorst
09-18-2018, 08:24 PM
Thanks, Pat but no. Since it wouldn't be wise for me to buy one I won't. If I were younger, I'd love a cross between a Halfinger good matured donkey. I love the gentle temperament of the Halflingers, and they are small like me.

I had a donkey for years. My vet gave him to me as a companion for me Mustang mare. He wouldn't even kick a dog barking at his heels. I rode him to the mail box and back many times. (My mail box isn't just isn't a walk down a short driveway for me.) I talked about him here before your time. I referred to him as, "my large white a$$". He must have been old when I got him because I never saw him show interest in my mare when she was in heat.