PDA

View Full Version : Need help on discus fish

Naveedk
09-18-2018, 04:36 PM
Hi everyone,

So, I have a 75 gallon discus fish tank. I saw a fish with some white faeces, so based on someones suggestion I used API General cure.
After the cure period which actually ended last sunday, I see a couple of fish with white/transparent faces. I wana know are these symptoms of hexamita or something else. Pics are attached.

I feed frozen bloodworms and they all get mad as soon as they see the worms. So they are eating now.

I need help Thank you.

Second Hand Pat
09-22-2018, 07:15 AM
Hi Naveedk, please fill out this questionnaire http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?38545-Disease-Questionnaire-please-complete. I am thinking metro might be your next course of action.
Pat

bluelagoon
09-22-2018, 08:57 AM
How long did you use the General Cure and what dose?

Naveedk
10-07-2018, 01:57 PM
Sorry guys, I didnt saw these replies (didnt got message alert notification). I used general cure as per the instructions on box, 1 pack per 10 gallons and repeat after 48 hours. (Didnt work though)
So, i did the heat treatment and problem solved, no more white poop and they always begging for food.

Only one discus is dark and almost always hiding, sometimes comes out of hiding and color is lighter then.

PS. I dont know, why i cant see my own attached pics.

Filip
10-08-2018, 05:50 PM
Im glad they're fine now .
If you encounter this problem again try keeping the temperature to a 93 -95 F at least for a week and if you decide to treat with general cure or other Metronidazole forms tey to keep up with the daily treatment for at least 8 days .

Naveedk
10-14-2018, 11:03 PM
Thank you Filip :)