PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Maddie
09-19-2018, 04:10 PM
Hi!

My name is Stan. I decided to get back into Discus after 15 years of being away. I've been growing fish since I was young. Have a nice collection of Koi. Decided to go back to Discus. I always admired them and grew them way back. Now with the different strains and colors. I wanted to give it another try. I grew them successfully but could not get them to breed. I bred them once and artificially raised the frys. I want to try again but see the actual parents raise them.

Went out and got me a 60 acrylic set up. Running two sponge filter along with sump filter. Water at 84 degrees. Using my hard tap water to grow them.

I found this forum and been reading and catching up on how to best raise these fish again.

I jumped both feet in. Ordered and received my discus from Kenny's Discus today.

I will post the discus on that thread.

I look forward to learning and seeing how others grow and breed their discus.

Thanks!

RogueDiscus
09-19-2018, 04:15 PM
Hi Stan. Welcome to SD and back to discus. Sounds like you're off to a good start. Can't go wrong with Kenny. We'd love to see pics and hear more about your setup when you're ready.
Steve

Jody
09-19-2018, 04:15 PM
Welcome! I just joined the forum recently and have felt very welcomed by everyone here.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your setup.

Maddie
09-19-2018, 04:37 PM
Thanks!

I will try to post a few pics and video of the discus. Right now, my tank is bare bottom.

fljones3
09-19-2018, 05:03 PM
Welcome back and look forward to your participation.

snxtif
09-20-2018, 01:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOMhN-hfMtY

... ...

... ... ...

Sorry couldn't resist ;)

Welcome to SD!

Paul Sabucchi
09-20-2018, 03:51 AM
Hi Stan and welcome, great to have you on board. Looks like you are set up for success. Keep the info/photos/videos coming