PDA

View Full Version : Is this white spot?

Top_Dog
10-15-2018, 05:24 PM
Hi,
Just wondering if this is whitespot, i have 15 Discuses all different sizes. This one seems to have these whitespots, hes acting fine and eating well :-\

Also if it is whats best to treat it with? Should i quarantine him?

Filip
10-15-2018, 05:35 PM
It's just a discus pimple. Discus often get them when the water quallity is on the border line of their tolerance .
Just up the WCs and it will go away by it self .

Top_Dog
10-15-2018, 05:42 PM
It's just a discus pimple. Discus often get them when the water quallity is on the border line of their tolerance .
Just up the WCs and it will go away by it self .

Thank god for that! Really didn't want to be treating for whitespot after the nightmare ive had with gill flukes. Will up water changes to every day instead of every 2 days.

Filip
10-15-2018, 05:46 PM
Thank god for that! Really didn't want to be treating for whitespot after the nightmare ive had with gill flukes. Will up water changes to every day instead of every 2 days.

Yes , don't worry too much .Just change more water or go easier on feeding.
White spot disease or Ichtyo is pretty rare on discus because of the high temps we keep them . Also very easy to eradicate because of discus salt and heat tolerance .

Top_Dog
10-15-2018, 06:05 PM
Yes , don't worry too much .Just change more water or go easier on feeding.
White spot disease or Ichtyo is pretty rare on discus because of the high temps we keep them . Also very easy to eradicate because of discus salt and heat tolerance .

I thought so as mine are kept at 30c and i knew whitespot don't like high temps. Whats Discus salt?

Filip
10-15-2018, 06:14 PM
I thought so as mine are kept at 30c and i knew whitespot don't like high temps. Whats Discus salt?

Ichtio are salt intolerant protozoas and discus can bear and take heavy concentrations of salt along with high heat for prolonged time . By salt i mean regular table / Kitchen salt as a cure for some discus diseases .

Top_Dog
10-15-2018, 06:49 PM
Ichtio are salt intolerant protozoas and discus can bear and take heavy concentrations of salt along with high heat for prolonged time . By salt i mean regular table / Kitchen salt as a cure for some discus diseases .

Sorry i thought Discus salt was a different type of salt which i wasn't familiar with lol Thanks alot for your help very much appreciated :-)