PDA

View Full Version : 40 Gallon Grow-Out Setup with 40 Gallon Sump

Jody
10-22-2018, 06:18 PM
I wanted to document my progress with my grow-out setup.

These fish arrived September 12th of this year. The first picture was taken on the day of their arrival; the second picture is of them today.

Any experienced forum members see anything wrong with these guys?

They eat well, will eat out of my hands, and I change their water frequently.

Appreciate you all taking a look!

Jody-

9/12/2018:
10/22/2018:

xKevinx
10-22-2018, 10:50 PM
Looking great! I Remeber reading your previous post. Nice setup. Would love a couple full tank/setup shots

Second Hand Pat
10-23-2018, 06:52 AM
Hi Jody, do your turks always show their bars?
Pat

Jody
10-23-2018, 10:51 AM
Looking great! I Remeber reading your previous post. Nice setup. Would love a couple full tank/setup shots

Thanks! I’ll grab some shots when I’m home.

Hi Jody, do your turks always show their bars?
Pat

Not always, especially the smaller one. The most dominant fish is the one in the bottom right. He seems to show his bars all the time now, but did not used to. Is this cause for concern?

Second Hand Pat
10-23-2018, 10:54 AM
Not always, especially the smaller one. The most dominant fish is the one in the bottom right. He seems to show his bars all the time now, but did not used to. Is this cause for concern?

I'm not sure Jody. I will try and do a little research on this. Do you age your water?
Pat

Jody
10-23-2018, 11:33 AM
I'm not sure Jody. I will try and do a little research on this. Do you age your water?
Pat

I do not age my water - I treat it with prime out of the tap and change 50% total volume (70 gallons) every 2 days. I have just 5 3-4 inch discus in 70 gallons. I monitor the water parameters religiously and currently have 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, 5 nitrate and about 154 TDS which is the same as what is coming out of the tap at 7.4 ph. I’m open to suggestions as I’m only about 6 weeks into my discus adventure. Important to note they seem healthy and eat very well.