PDA

View Full Version : Are epoxys tank safe?

Mr.BigBlock
10-28-2018, 03:53 AM
Anyone have experience using epoxy in/with their tanks? Specifically marine epoxy..is it fish safe?

Joie

Second Hand Pat
10-28-2018, 06:53 AM
Hi Joie, I do a google search on "is marine epoxy safe for aquariums" and several references came up in reef based forum. You might give that a try.
Pat

Adam S
10-28-2018, 10:23 AM
I've used two-part, five minute stuff to no ill effect. Never tried marine epoxy.

Willie
10-28-2018, 11:16 AM
Had a local guy build hundreds of wooden tanks using marine epoxy. His fish were spectacular.

Mr.BigBlock
10-28-2018, 04:12 PM
Hi Joie, I do a google search on "is marine epoxy safe for aquariums" and several references came up in reef based forum. You might give that a try.
Pat

Thanks Pat, I came across a few references when searching earlier, but I wanted to get some first hand feedback from people I trust like ya'll. The consensus seems to be that it's safe once fully cured and dry.

Joie

Mr.BigBlock
10-28-2018, 04:12 PM
I've used two-part, five minute stuff to no ill effect. Never tried marine epoxy.

Thanks Adam, good to know the two-part epoxy is safe...never know when that might be needed!

Joie

Mr.BigBlock
10-28-2018, 04:13 PM
Had a local guy build hundreds of wooden tanks using marine epoxy. His fish were spectacular.

Thanks Willie, that seems to be the most common reference I have come across with folks using it for wooden tanks.

Joie