PDA

View Full Version : Add some plants, to my Display

Pardal
11-09-2018, 01:00 AM
Just add a few plants to my display, as well as some of my silver veil angels, have to admit they are getting along pretty well , just have to provide a bit more food at feeding time.

danotaylor
11-09-2018, 02:55 AM
Looking good Julian. I have been thinking to add some plants to my BB set up as well. Just wondering if you happened to dip or clean the plants prior to introducing them? If so, what was your method?
Cheers mate,
Danny

Mando
11-09-2018, 09:36 AM
Heckels are growing on me. What are the browns? especially the one that sticks to the right side, by the angels? These look like Alanquer or Cuipeuas.

Pices
11-09-2018, 10:02 AM
Tank looks so nice. What did you use for planters?
Patty

Pardal
11-09-2018, 07:52 PM
Looking good Julian. I have been thinking to add some plants to my BB set up as well. Just wondering if you happened to dip or clean the plants prior to introducing them? If so, what was your method?
Cheers mate,
Danny
Daniel
You can always , dip the plants for a few minutes PP (potasium permaganate bath) when purchasing, mine came from my shrimp tank, so I didn't do any mayor cleaning just rinse with straight tap water for a few minutes( still is a gamble), the Amazon plant are potted in a faux rock or faux drift wood with fluval substrate very rich and similar to the ADA . The rotala is just tie to the fake drift and is doing pretty good as is higher and closer to the light , has excellent growth (has to trim occasionally). There are also floating plants a photo which is actually a terrestrial plant but do well in the water. I had a little bit of green algae on the background that I don't really mind.

Pardal
11-09-2018, 07:57 PM
Heckels are growing on me. What are the browns? especially the one that sticks to the right side, by the angels? These look like Alanquer or Cuipeuas.

The Browns are Cuipeua's from Discus Origin , has them since 2015 . They are from a collector name Wbsabby(my apologies if butchered the name), I have four Heckels one is actually a Blue Moon face, that although has fade somewhat still is showing his coloration and differ from the others really well.

Pardal
11-09-2018, 08:02 PM
Tank looks so nice. What did you use for planters?
Patty

I use artificial drift wood cut and customized to hold the substrate, I also have a porcelain faux rock for cichlids which is currently in its cleaning station (sherry shrimps tank).
Julian