PDA

View Full Version : So What is Everyone Making Today for Turkey Day??

Second Hand Pat
11-21-2018, 09:03 AM
What is everyone making today for tomorrow??

Tom and I are going to my daughter's house for Thanksgiving and I am making ambrosia and Eclair Cake. Tom is making Zucchini Boats.
Pat

pitdogg2
11-21-2018, 11:08 AM
Brisket

discuspaul
11-21-2018, 12:09 PM
Canadian thanksgiving was last month - tomorrow we're just having roast chicken with some trimmings - wish it was turkey but I couldn't find one under 10 lbs. - too much leftover for the two of us.

So all I'm doing today is - guess what - buying the chicken of course.

danotaylor
11-21-2018, 12:40 PM
So all I'm doing today is - guess what - buying chicken of course and water changes :) ;)

two utes
11-21-2018, 04:05 PM
What is everyone making today for tomorrow??

Tom and I are going to my daughter's house for Thanksgiving and I am making ambrosia and Eclair Cake. Tom is making Zucchini Boats.
Pat

Thanksgiving is probably the only tradition us Aussies haven't taken on board yet, though i did see a 'Black Friday' sale add on t.v last night...so who knows it may only be a matter of time.

I like how it draws people together with family and friends to reflect and enjoy a meal with loved ones.... one thing im real curious about though Pat is what does Tom put in his Zucchini Boats?

Second Hand Pat
11-21-2018, 05:30 PM
Thanksgiving is probably the only tradition us Aussies haven't taken on board yet, though i did see a 'Black Friday' sale add on t.v last night...so who knows it may only be a matter of time.

I like how it draws people together with family and friends to reflect and enjoy a meal with loved ones.... one thing im real curious about though Pat is what does Tom put in his Zucchini Boats?

I will see if I can get the recipe Joe. I did know it is a mix of rice and veggies I think.
Pat

ggillies
11-21-2018, 06:12 PM
As a Scotsman living in the SF Bay Area, I try to bring a bit of Scotland to our Thanksgiving.

I will be making Dundee marmalade baked carrots and my Grandmother's stuffing which is cornbread stuffing, sauteed onions, shallots, garlic, crimini mushrooms and chestnuts. We bake the Turkey in the oven, but I prepare it by covering the entire breast with Scottish thick-cut bacon to keep it moist and to add flavor and make a great gravy from..

I make a Scottish sticky toffee pudding with a caramel single malt Scotch sauce.

And then I have to put in an extra two days of swimming to burn off all the calories!

LizStreithorst
11-21-2018, 06:23 PM
I almost didn't post, but what the heck...I don't celebrate any holidays. I haven't liked them since I was very very young. Most Holiday's don't have good memories attached to them for me. I'm happy for you normal folks.

BigPoecilia
11-21-2018, 07:03 PM
I will see if I can get the recipe Joe. I did know it is a mix of rice and veggies I think.
Pat

I just finished making Oyster Dressing. I'm going over to friends on tomorrow and that is what I was asked to bring. Hello again Pat. Are you going over to your daughter's in Maryland? LOL if I remember correctly. Enjoy your holiday and be safe. Everyone.

Lionel

Second Hand Pat
11-21-2018, 07:05 PM
I just finished making Oyster Dressing. I'm going over to friends on tomorrow and that is what I was asked to bring. Hello again Pat. Are you going over to your daughter's in Maryland? LOL if I remember correctly. Enjoy your holiday and be safe. Everyone.

Lionel

Hi Lionel, my daughter has moved back to Florida :D and she lives about 40 minutes from me. :D You have a fun and safe holiday also.
Pat

two utes
11-21-2018, 09:19 PM
Pat

What? No meat? We have a traditional Maltese mix which included corned beef...its really quit good

Thanks Pat :)