PDA

View Full Version : Discus Head Down Low to the Gravel Question

Josepharborea
02-26-2019, 07:13 PM
Hi all!

Ok so i have an interesting story. To keep it short my old tank cracked and i had to do an emergency swap. Luckily i was planning on doing an official switch so i had another tank laying around. Obviously i didnt get a chance to filter the new tank etc etc. Now i have my community into the new tank. Long story short i have 3 german blue rams all ok 3 clown loach all ok 1 rainbow which is fine and a pleco which is also fine but my discuss all either look in the same direction huddled up or ones looking at the back wall or at some points they just look straight down at the gravel.

Water parameters are all fine except ph is a little high due to this sudden swap. I am attaching a photo to give an idea what i am looking at. I added drift and live plants to lower the ph. i know the wood is releasing tannin's which is why the water is darker then usual but im not sure how to get them out of this phase. They are eating like normal when i feed them. They are pooping normally. No bloat and no symptoms i can see. Im assuming because its a new tank and environment they are scared/stressed but just wanted to get everyone's opinion.

This is my first post so please go easy on me :)

Ok just to edit it keeps failing when i try to upload a picture

jeep
02-26-2019, 07:41 PM
It could be stress related, including the move, new water, ph swing, etc...

I'm not into planted tanks so can't be of help there other than to ask if you've added any new fish lately without QT??? I'd suggest treating and aging your water to balance ph and do daily water changes until things return to normal...

As far as loading a picture, it you look at the top of a new thread, select the 3rd icon from the right. Choose file then upload....

Josepharborea
02-26-2019, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the reply! I tried that but it kept failing to upload a jpeg not sure why.

Anyways I did treat my water I only use Poland spring honestly when I have to water change. I figured to stay away from water changes because it is going through a bio bloom so there’s a lot happening all at once so adding more new I would assume just make the bio bloom look a lot worse. I tried salvaging as much water as I could from the original tank . Just wanted to make sure I’m doing everything right.