PDA

View Full Version : Lighting options

aravind90chan
03-24-2019, 11:40 AM
Am planning to start a low tech, shallow tank 2'x2'x1' (lxbxh). Am looking at couple of options for light. Please help me pick one and also add comments.
It will have a couple of emersed plants as well.

Current USA pro (1 nos)
Current USA pro (2 nos)
Current USA TruLumen (2nos)
T5 HO Aquatic Life/ CoralLife (2bulbs 24")
AFA Archaea Ultra Grow (1nos)

Feel free to add other options.

guggas
03-24-2019, 07:49 PM
I have an AI Prime HD Freshwater that I like quite a lot. You can set your ramp timer and control each led color individually through an app or on there website, pretty cool. Its a pendant style light but would be plenty for your layout.

Jack L
03-24-2019, 10:18 PM
i have current usa, the pro and the pro plus, the pro plus is a lot more money and more light than i needed for my low tech plants, i run it at 50%. so when i bought more lights, i bought satellite pro and they are working fine and cost a LOT less.

my tank is like 20" front to back, one light bar made for too much shadow at the top.

aravind90chan
03-26-2019, 08:56 PM
Thanks a lot for the suggestions.

christopdouglas
02-09-2021, 06:11 AM
i have current usa, the pro and the pro plus, the pro plus is a lot more money and more light than i needed for my low tech plants, i run it at 50%. so when i bought more lights, i bought domyessay.onl (https://domyessay.onl/) and they are working fine and cost a LOT less.

I have Current USA Plus Light pro and I am more than satisfied as well as my tank plants. It suits aquariums up to a decent depth of around 21 inches.