PDA

View Full Version : Fish's inside out

peewee1
03-30-2019, 08:19 AM
I had one of 5 in a 30 gallon tank with white poo so I treated the tank with metro. Several days later another expelled what appears as a very large pink something. It looks like the fish as expelled its insides. After 4 days the fish is still eating, has full color, and does not seem to notice this. There was a change in the other fish behavior. This one was a runt who was chased. Since the expulsion of whatever it is that is pink the others in the tank have not bothered the one at all as if it is not even there any longer. Anyone seen this before?

bluelagoon
03-30-2019, 09:20 AM
pics would help but sounds like a prolapse to me.https://www.google.com/search?q=fish+with+prolapse&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjL--2H-qnhAhUhwFkKHXd7BGQQ_AUIDigB&biw=1920&bih=937#imgrc=CZ3bMCwZfZOCJM:

peewee1
03-30-2019, 06:24 PM
prolapse would be it. Thanks.

Fishworks
04-01-2019, 05:30 AM
I had one of 5 in a 30 gallon tank with white poo so I treated the tank with metro. Several days later another expelled what appears as a very large pink something. It looks like the fish as expelled its insides. After 4 days the fish is still eating, has full color, and does not seem to notice this. There was a change in the other fish behavior. This one was a runt who was chased. Since the expulsion of whatever it is that is pink the others in the tank have not bothered the one at all as if it is not even there any longer. Anyone seen this before?

I think the fish just shed its intestinal lining.

bluelagoon
04-01-2019, 07:30 AM
I think the fish just shed its intestinal lining.

The white poo was probably the intestinal lining the falls off but the pink sounds like a prolapse that says attached ;much more serious. (part of gut).In humans they can be pushed back into place.

peewee1
04-01-2019, 11:39 PM
What I read is that the prolapse has to regress back into the fish, which it might do. In the meantime the fish eats and has color. There was a behavior change when this occurred. Prior to the prolapse this fish was the one everyone chased. Now its as if the affected fish is invisible to the others.

Fishworks
04-02-2019, 12:04 AM
What I read is that the prolapse has to regress back into the fish, which it might do. In the meantime the fish eats and has color. There was a behavior change when this occurred. Prior to the prolapse this fish was the one everyone chased. Now its as if the affected fish is invisible to the others.

since its not getting bullied, it sounds better already. I really think your fish had an internal infection that came out with the pink stuff you mentioned.
I know it sounds gross, but ive had a bad issue of diarrhea on myself and pink stuff coming out. My doctor said the pink stuff was intestinal lining and I had nothing to worry about.

peewee1
04-02-2019, 01:36 AM
Did those in your family stop picking on you as well? Let you be to recover? I hope this little guy makes it. Everyone else is out growing the runt by the day. I have been treating the tank with metro but not for the prolapse victim but for another male with white poo. A female has been trying her hardest to coax him to spawn. So far no luck but it could be that the male has to be ridden of the internal problem first.