PDA

View Full Version : Gill disease

reaper7534
04-18-2019, 11:45 AM
Noticed this last night, eating good but seems like gills is flaking receding. Video attached

https://youtu.be/mHrWSqiI7tk

danotaylor
04-18-2019, 10:08 PM
If you take the "S" out of HTTPS when you paste the link into the insert video tab, it will load like this;

http://youtu.be/mHrWSqiI7tk
Not sure what the deal is with the gill issue, but it sure looks like the inside is swollen and protruding...sorry I cannot be more helpful...

Filip
04-19-2019, 03:46 AM
They all look to me like they are breathing faster than usual on this Video . Do they always breathe like this or are they just excited and feeding on this video ?
If it's constant , it wouldn't hurt to try a treatment for Gill flukes and see how they respond to that .
Extension on the gill (gill hyperplasia) is just a consequence of some previous or ongoing Gill problems .

reaper7534
04-19-2019, 07:14 AM
They all look to me like they are breathing faster than usual on this Video . Do they always breathe like this or are they just excited and feeding on this video ?
If it's constant , it wouldn't hurt to try a treatment for Gill flukes and see how they respond to that .
Extension on the gill (gill hyperplasia) is just a consequence of some previous or ongoing Gill problems .

They did just eat prior to this, but yes the one with issues does seem to be breathing slightly faster than the others.

reaper7534
04-21-2019, 12:04 PM
I started prazipro last night. I have enough to do 5 treatments. I will do about 75 percent water change with each dose. Is 3 days in between good or too much, to little ?

Filip
04-21-2019, 02:08 PM
I started prazipro last night. I have enough to do 5 treatments. I will do about 75 percent water change with each dose. Is 3 days in between good or too much, to little ?

The treatment with prazi on flukes usually lasts +20 days to fully erradicate them.
If you are light on a bioload and feeding ,maybe you can get away with redosing every 4 th day after a Large WC so that you can make a 20 days of treatment .