PDA

View Full Version : Dessert anyone?

jeep
06-04-2019, 08:01 PM
You can thank Slicksta for popping this into my head :lickin: Another from my grandma... I don't think there was an official name for it, so I'll just call it...

Ceola's Dessert

1 cup Flour
1 cup butter
1 cup pecans

Grind Pecans and mix with flour and butter. Press into 9x12 baking dish to form crust. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Cool in fridge.

8oz cream cheese (softened)
1 cup Cool Whip
1 cup powdered sugar.

Mix and spread onto crust.
Cool in fridge

1 large package instant vanilla pudding
Mix as directed.
Layer on cheese mix
Cool in fridge

1 large package instant chocolate pudding
Mix as directed
Layer on vanilla pudding
Cool in fridge

Spread Cool Whip on top of chilled chocolate pudding and sprinkle chopped pecans on top. Top with shaved milk chocolate if desired.

Always keep in fridge.

brewmaster15
06-04-2019, 08:07 PM
oooohhhhh wow that sounds great. Im the dinner chef here .. My wife does the desserts here.. i am copying this to her:)

Thats got to be a winner.

Al

discuspaul
06-04-2019, 08:39 PM
You can thank Slicksta for popping this into my head :lickin: Another from my grandma... I don't think there was an official name for it, so I'll just call it...

Ceola's Dessert

1 cup Flour
1 cup butter
1 cup pecans

Grind Pecans and mix with flour and butter. Press into 9x12 baking dish to form crust. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Cool in fridge.

8oz cream cheese (softened)
1 cup Cool Whip
1 cup powdered sugar.

Mix and spread onto crust.
Cool in fridge

1 large package instant vanilla pudding
Mix as directed.
Layer on cheese mix
Cool in fridge

1 large package instant chocolate pudding
Mix as directed
Layer on vanilla pudding
Cool in fridge

Spread Cool Whip on top of chilled chocolate pudding and sprinkle chopped pecans on top. Top with shaved milk chocolate if desired.

Always keep in fridge.

Excellent recipe Jeep !
After reading it to her, my wife Linda right away said this is a wonderful recipe from the 1970's called " sex in a pan" !
Perhaps your grandma was too much of a lady to call it that !

My sister-in-law stills makes it occasionally because it's really good !
Hers is made with butterscotch & chocolate, instead of vanilla & chocolate.

jeep
06-04-2019, 09:20 PM
Well, my grandma never called it that, but I can see why others would, hahahaha... It's a pretty accurate description! And it's definitely from the 70's.

I seem to recall there being another layer of cream cheese mix between the vanilla and chocolate, but I copied it from her original recipe that was written in pencil. It was hard to read.

I think I this was probably the first "solid" food I ever ate :evilgrin:

brewmaster15
06-04-2019, 09:46 PM
Well, my grandma never called it that, but I can see why others would, hahahaha... It's a pretty accurate description! And it's definitely from the 70's.

I seem to recall there being another layer of cream cheese mix between the vanilla and chocolate, but I copied it from her original recipe that was written in pencil. It was hard to read.

I think I this was probably the first "solid" food I ever ate :evilgrin:
so you basically started life off eating a dessert called "sex in a pan"? Brian , I am speechless and in awe of you!
I am not worthy...I am not worthy.... lol :)
al

jeep
06-04-2019, 10:11 PM
lol... My grandmother sheltered me. Maybe that's why she just called it "dessert" :p

slicksta
06-05-2019, 03:50 AM
Man does that sound delicious. . .But so decadent.
I think the name has been updated to a heart attack in a dish :-D
And to think I've been wasting my time with tiramisu
Nonnas are always right!

Second Hand Pat
06-05-2019, 07:17 AM
Man, that does sound good. Brian, you got a pretty interesting start in life. :D lol
Pat