PDA

View Full Version : Back into Reef Tanks

Inland Empire Discus
06-21-2019, 04:28 PM
So a couple of years ago due to water shortage here in CA I had to re-evaluate my discus breeding and begin to diversify with other fish. I branched out to guppies, angels, and plecos and now have finally gotten back into saltwater reefs. I still have discus, guppies, angels, and plecos just not to the extent that I had before. Just wanted to share pictures of my tank that has been set up for about a year. It also had an 85% crash / wipe out in December 2018 where I lost almost all my fish and coral. So current pics are as of today about 7 months after the crash. It has since recovered and I am getting about 1/4-1/2 inch of growth on some of the corals per month. The only thing about this particular tank that I really don't like is that it is a show tank and also a tank to sell out of so it is constantly changing the way it looks. Only a few parent colonies that I frag are permanent fixtures in this tank. Still fun to play with and perfect my coral keeping skills. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Kirbs
06-22-2019, 02:22 AM
That's pretty awesome!

Second Hand Pat
06-22-2019, 12:40 PM
Hi Bill, I would say that is a wildly successful tank. Everything looks nice, healthy with good growth. :D
Pat

cooper666
06-23-2019, 01:30 AM
As an ex-reef keeper, I can say that you've got some very nice specimens in there.

Perhaps a bit rude, but that tank looks functional rather than aesthetic. Another year should serve it well.

How big is that tank 10 ft? looks big

Thanks for the share.

Inland Empire Discus
06-23-2019, 03:29 PM
That's pretty awesome!

Thanks it is fun.

Inland Empire Discus
06-23-2019, 03:31 PM
Hi Bill, I would say that is a wildly successful tank. Everything looks nice, healthy with good growth. :D
Pat
Thanks Pat. Yes I have it dialed in right now and it is doing great.

Inland Empire Discus
06-23-2019, 03:36 PM
As an ex-reef keeper, I can say that you've got some very nice specimens in there.

Perhaps a bit rude, but that tank looks functional rather than aesthetic. Another year should serve it well.

How big is that tank 10 ft? looks big

Thanks for the share.
Thanks I do have some prize corals in there.
And no not rude al all in my opinion, it is a working tank. I would never have frag racks in my personal show tank especially on the front glass. It is a grow and sell and import and sell tank. Can't wait to move so I can get my own show tanks up and running again. A 165 , 120, and 88 gallon with a 200 gallon frag system.
Tank is a 125 that is packed to the max. 6 feet long.