PDA

View Full Version : My little puppies

LizStreithorst
08-20-2019, 09:09 PM
My little ones were born 2 weeks ago last Saturday. Their eyes are now wide open and they learned to walk (poorly) yesterday afternoon. I set up a puppy play pen for them and moved them this morning. They're in my living room. Whatever will customers think when they walk in and see a bunch of puppies?

The babies will be eating real food in a few days. At that point mom will no longer clean up their pee and poo. It will be my job. I will be begging old news papers from strangers on the street:D

Second Hand Pat
08-20-2019, 11:28 PM
I bet they are as cute as can be Liz :D Any pics?
Pat

Disgirl
08-21-2019, 07:41 AM
I want to see them too Liz! You are a pro at dog care, all will be well!
Barb

LizStreithorst
08-21-2019, 08:52 AM
They're about old enough now that they look like something other than a wiggling blob of who knows what. I'll get snapping pics later today.

LizStreithorst
08-28-2019, 06:18 PM
I have a ton of pics and I started trying to post them yesterday but my dang computer was giving me a hard time and I had to reboot. They're 3 1/2 weeks old now and eating, kind of. Most don't realize that it's food until they walk in it and start tasting it. They yearn for mama, but their mama is over them and starting to act like my old Pip again...playing with toys and playing wrestle with her husband, Bruno. Mama has to go to them occasionally when she has so much milk she needs some relief. Her sharp nails scratch her poor boobies so she goes in their pen gets relief and boob scratching at the same time and leaves ASAP.

I'm starting to be able to tell things about them. Most of them are short legged like mama. Some have tight bodies like dad and some are loose and cuddly like she is. The little female is quite up on leg and very athletic, just like dad.

I put their pen outside every day until it gets too hot for them. By then the washable pee pads I keep them on are dry and I've mopped the floor. Then I haul them back inside. Monday was hell because it rained all day so I couldn't put them out. I changed their pee pads to old towels but by bed time, the house started smelling like dog piss anyway.

I'm looking forward to the point where I can let them outside like I do with my adult dogs and just bring them inside and put them in their play pen for the night. That will take another 3 or 4 weeks. At that point they'll be ready to go to new homes...all but one or two which I will keep. I had to put my old Chloe to sleep last week. I planted her in my vegetable garden to be. I'll be able to thank her every time I pick a 'mater. I only have 4 adult dogs now, and half of them are old. I am low on dogs.

sorry for the ramble...

LizStreithorst
09-07-2019, 03:08 PM
Sorry about no pics. I have them on my memory card but keep doing nothing with them.

The puppies turned 5 weeks old today. Pip, their mama, suddenly does not want them sucking on her breasts. She still loves them but all she wants to do is lick their butts and pee pee's and play with them. When they try to attach she moves away. She trying to dry up and she knows that they will get what they need from me. I was surprised.

I met a client with an ancient dog at a "wander around and find something nice you need for nothing store" yesterday, We hugged and chatted. She was interested in the puppies and I told her all about them. She said that Bo Bo was 14 years old and having problems breathing so she wanted another good dog because the time would come soon when she would have to do the hard thing.As she and I were chatting another nice lady came up who heard that we were talking about puppies. She's interested in getting one as well. I also stumbled upon a set of 1400 thread count Egyptian cotton bed sheets for 8 bucks. That was a productive trip for sure.

Disgirl
09-09-2019, 04:47 PM
We want pics, we want pics!
Barb =)

LizStreithorst
09-09-2019, 05:01 PM
Tomorrow. I promise.

LizStreithorst
09-10-2019, 04:05 PM
I'm a little distracted right now but I promised pics so here goes. BTW I wormed them I couple of days ago and they are now eating like pigs and growing like weeds.

One day old

LizStreithorst
09-10-2019, 04:07 PM
Two weeks old

LizStreithorst
09-10-2019, 04:09 PM
two weeks

LizStreithorst
09-10-2019, 04:11 PM
3 weeks

LizStreithorst
09-10-2019, 04:14 PM
4 weeks

LizStreithorst
09-10-2019, 04:17 PM
5 weeks

LizStreithorst
09-10-2019, 04:18 PM
They are even bigger now, at 5 weeks and 3 days.

danotaylor
09-10-2019, 04:34 PM
Great pics Liz, cool looking clan of puppies! Love the outside pic :D

LizStreithorst
09-10-2019, 04:56 PM
I let them out of the puppy pen twice a day so they can run around more. I have to be there when I let them out, though. I'm afraid a hawk might grab one. They come in at around 6 and I set up their pen on puppy pee pads for the night. Boy oh boy to they pee and poop. As soon as I wake up I set their pen outside so I can shake out the puppy pads and put them in the wash.

brewmaster15
09-10-2019, 05:46 PM
What a cute bunch of puppies Liz! Congratulations!
Al

two utes
09-10-2019, 05:50 PM
I can see your home being a very happy place with all your lovely pets around you. Cute pups. Nice work Liz

Mando
09-10-2019, 07:48 PM
I love them! Great happy bunch.

LizStreithorst
09-10-2019, 08:40 PM
Thank you gentlemen. I love them, too.

Second Hand Pat
09-11-2019, 07:24 AM
They are so cute Liz and sounds like you take wonderful care of them. :D You have found homes for a couple of them?
Pat

Sturiosoma
09-12-2019, 06:26 AM
[ATTAC
H]124868[/ATTACH] ahhhhhhhhh the white one looks like my little white beach

LizStreithorst
09-12-2019, 03:38 PM
I'm so excited. One of the nice ladies that I chatted with an the discount junk store called and asked to see the puppies. She actually picked one out. It's the second shortest legged one (I'm keeping the shortest legged because he makes me smile). The puppy is totally black from head to toe. I thought that the black ones would be the last to go.

She's going to have to wait a bit. I'm giving them their first vacs Saturday and the following Saturday I want to give them their second worming.

Second Hand Pat
09-12-2019, 04:33 PM
So exciting to hear one of the pups will soon have a new mom Liz. You are such a good mom and setting up the pups to be as healthy as can be is a great start to life. :D
Pat

LizStreithorst
09-20-2019, 06:53 PM
I don't know if she will come get her puppy or not. I told her a few days ago that they had all been vaccinated once and wormed twice and were ready to go. I wish that if she had changed her mind she would call and tell me. Until then, I'm waiting...The other lady, a customer with an old dog who won't last too much long ago called and told me that she had changed her mind. I guess I don't know enough people...

These babies will be 7 weeks old tomorrow. It's so much fun to see them learning the world in the country. It's amazing how quickly they figure out country life. I still bring them in at night and put them in their play pen attached to a huge crate with a big bed. I only put paper down for them to pee and poop on in a part of the pen. These smart babies know to go on the paper. Even when I let one or two inside the house during the day they go on the paper.

I can't keep these little 'uns forever. I will wait for as long as I can before I take them to the humane society. I decided that it was a better option that posting "free puppies" posters everywhere since I can't vet the prospective owners that way. I've decided that when the get too much for me, and before I get too fond of every single one I will take them to the humane society. They will be well socialized and either go outside to pee and poo or do it on paper by then. They will be 12 to 15 lbs. at maturity and the humane society spays and neuters before they let them go, so the new owners pay money for them. I figure that someone who has to pay money will give a puppy a better home that someone who sees a "free puppies" poster.

LizStreithorst
11-01-2019, 01:19 PM
I have found homes for just 3 so far. I'm keeping 3:o, so that leaves just two to find homes for. I'm going to put them on "Pet Finder" It's better than having to take them to the shelter. Not so much stress to me or the puppies.

They will be 3 months old on the 5th. They still seem to grow 'most every day. They are just starting to resemble adult dogs but they still are either full out playing or asleep. Here's a pic of my favorite, Pearl. Does her expression capture your heart like it does mine?

Second Hand Pat
11-01-2019, 01:22 PM
Indeed she does Liz, What a cutie :)
Pat

LizStreithorst
11-01-2019, 02:24 PM
Here are the other 2 I'm keeping. Brindle in the foreground and Stubby in the background.

Disgirl
11-01-2019, 04:57 PM
Oh how sweet they are! Glad you are keeping the 3, they will bring you much joy.
Barb

LizStreithorst
06-03-2020, 12:23 PM
They start out on a good quality puppy food (not fancy food, just good food). I soak it in water put it in a blender and add milk. I start this around 3 weeks. As they grow and get teeth I gradually change them to dry puppy food. At 5 months I gradually change them to adult food. They say to say puppy food for a full year, but I never have.

I ended up keeping just 2. Brindle was too smart, the kind of dog that if it doesn't have a job to do it finds a job for itself that is destructive. That's how it was going. If I'd had the physical ability to train him in agility work he's have been fine. But my back kept me from being able to. He has such perfect structure and was incredibly athletic. I took him to the shelter with 3 others. I cried. But when I went to visit them 3 days later (I wanted to give them time to settle in) they had already been adopted.

I kept Stubby and Pearl. Pearl is the medium blond one. The only female in the batch. She looks just like her father except for her color. Stubby is a cutie with his short little legs and upright ears. He looks like his mom.

ratatatui2
01-03-2022, 04:49 PM
Customers will think that these are very cute puppies that will smooth out any situation. In fact, I (like most people in the world) adore cats and dogs, especially at a young age. These lumps of wool grow very fast, so I always try to enjoy their small age to the maximum. The most important thing is that when these puppies grow up a little, they do not interfere with you and your clients, because it is very annoying and interferes with work. I advise you to teach them to listen to your commands from childhood. Also read here happiestdog.com (https://happiestdog.com/red-dog-paws-causes-preventive-treatment/) information about the prevention of certain diseases to prevent them in the future. And yes, we are all waiting for photos!