PDA

View Full Version : Simple baked chicken recipe

dagray
09-30-2019, 11:58 AM
Take a family package of skin on chicken thighs and place them skin side down on a broiler pan.

sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic powder, dill weed, and paprika on the chicken thighs (I sprinkle each until I can see it on the meat).

Bake at 350 for one hour 50 minutes. This gives a nice crispy skin and juicy meat.

LizStreithorst
09-30-2019, 03:15 PM
Do you really bake it for almost 2 hrs. Seems to me that it would be over done in that time, but I won't know until I try it. I love a crisp skin and juicy meat. And the thigh is my favorite part of the chicken. And I have all the seasonings, most are dried but I do have live thyme.

I have my doubts about the cooking time. I love the seasonings, and I have 4 thighs in the freezer. I will try it but I have to make Paul's meat balls first. Thanks for the recipe.

dagray
09-30-2019, 04:11 PM
Do you really bake it for almost 2 hrs. Seems to me that it would be over done in that time, but I won't know until I try it. I love a crisp skin and juicy meat. And the thigh is my favorite part of the chicken. And I have all the seasonings, most are dried but I do have live thyme.

I have my doubts about the cooking time. I love the seasonings, and I have 4 thighs in the freezer. I will try it but I have to make Paul's meat balls first. Thanks for the recipe.

Yes I do bake it for almost two hours. This is for about eight to ten chicken thighs. I place the broiler pan on the middle rack of my electric oven. We are at 320 feet above sea level where I live in the NE Oregon desert.

LizStreithorst
09-30-2019, 04:22 PM
I understand better now. I am down south. The timing will be different down here. No worries. I have a good instant read thermometer.