PDA

View Full Version : It's discluv's Fault - Another New Project

Second Hand Pat
12-14-2019, 03:06 PM
Armando posted his little Fluval Flex Aquarium and I decided I needed this all-in-one and it is perfect for a group of fish I have spread between three flower vases. This little tank seemed perfect. This will be a little planted tank.

Filled with water a couple hours ago and does not seem to leak.

First question, sand or the black eco-complete? Background is black.

LizStreithorst
12-14-2019, 03:20 PM
What type and color fish are you considering? I was stuck having to put blue shrimp in a tank with a blue background. You don't want to do that.

Second Hand Pat
12-14-2019, 03:33 PM
What type and color fish are you considering? I was stuck having to put blue shrimp in a tank with a blue background. You don't want to do that.

Guppies Liz, should show up nice against the black.
Pat

Sturiosoma
12-14-2019, 03:38 PM
I would say sand it will give a nice contrast

Jeanne

LizStreithorst
12-14-2019, 04:08 PM
I agree with Jeanne,

Second Hand Pat
12-14-2019, 04:27 PM
Thank you Jeanne and Liz, please do not be mad at me. I jumped the gun and went black. It is easy enough to redo. What do you think? I will be adding a few more plants before adding the guppies.
Pat

Mando
12-14-2019, 08:09 PM
Omg you scared me with the title! First thought that went through my head is that I recommended a dosage to someone and their fish died! Then I see this beautiful soon to be guppie tank and my heart sat back in its place.

Actually, I wasn’t the one who posted the fluval flex but I am getting one as a result of discluv’s post (and, yours now) ! :) :). Guppie tank is not a bad idea! I’m not sure what mine will house since it will be at work and it will need to be low maintenance. I was thinking of koi female bettas (4 to 5) or betta pair.

Second Hand Pat
12-15-2019, 07:42 AM
Omg you scared me with the title! First thought that went through my head is that I recommended a dosage to someone and their fish died! Then I see this beautiful soon to be guppie tank and my heart sat back in its place.

Actually, I wasn’t the one who posted the fluval flex but I am getting one as a result of discluv’s post (and, yours now) ! :) :). Guppie tank is not a bad idea! I’m not sure what mine will house since it will be at work and it will need to be low maintenance. I was thinking of koi female bettas (4 to 5) or betta pair.

Sorry to have scared you Armando and sorry to have tagged you as the member with the Flex. I will change the title. It is a cool little tank. I added the one of the male guppies last night and he looks great this morning. So will add the other adults and half grown kids to the tank today.
Pat

Mando
12-15-2019, 11:23 AM
Sorry to have scared you Armando and sorry to have tagged you as the member with the Flex. I will change the title. It is a cool little tank. I added the one of the male guppies last night and he looks great this morning. So will add the other adults and half grown kids to the tank today.
Pat

Trust me it was a funny reaction! Haha. Can’t wait for pictures!

Discluv
12-15-2019, 12:33 PM
Yeah! Love this little tank. Its very sleek looking. :)
It looks great on the kitchen counter. :)

Second Hand Pat
12-15-2019, 04:39 PM
Yeah! Love this little tank. Its very sleek looking. :)
It looks great on the kitchen counter. :)

Thanks Discluv, it sits on a little desk in the kitchen.
Pat

Second Hand Pat
12-15-2019, 04:46 PM
So hubby wanted the tank moved to the other side of the desk and he mounted a power strip above the tank on the wall since the tank partial blocks the only outlet above the desk. All the guppies have been moved to the tank. There are two males (one male is from the first batch of fry and is smaller then the other male). One female, I lost the other female a couple weeks ago and seven fry from the last batch. The fry are getting larger and I think they are too big for the adults to eat. Here's little video. The water is still a bit cloudy.

http://youtu.be/rV4q2A7Xvjk

I also think might need some bottom fish. Any suggestions? The tank temp should stay in the mid to upper 70s.
Pat

danotaylor
12-15-2019, 08:31 PM
Pretty strain of guppy Pat, what are they called?

Second Hand Pat
12-16-2019, 09:39 AM
Pretty strain of guppy Pat, what are they called?

Hi Danny, they are Half Black AOC Leopards by Stephen Kwartler. If you look them up on youtube the show quality ones are impressive.
Pat

danotaylor
12-16-2019, 09:51 AM
Nice Pat, they're beautiful! At what size can you sex the fry?

Second Hand Pat
12-16-2019, 10:11 AM
Nice Pat, they're beautiful! At what size can you sex the fry?

Good question Danny, the current fry are about a 1/2 inch so I will see if I can sex them now.
Pat

Mando
12-16-2019, 11:22 AM
I love those guppies, Pat! I started with some fire red guppies in one tank and platinum blue guppies in another tank. Now, after they have bread, I have about 20 different colors and I even have two tail endlers in my tanks.