PDA

View Full Version : A Little Giving this Holiday Season - Please Join Me

Second Hand Pat
12-21-2019, 11:57 AM
Hey guys, I know everyone is busy preparing for the holidays and hope all have a safe and wonderful time with family and friends. I have been thinking of Al (brewmaster15) and his current situation. I'm sure many of you have noticed his absence from the forum.

Two years ago Al's mom had an issue and was taken to the hospital and later she was diagnosed with cancer. Read this http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?130196-Apologies-Im-having-a-very-rough-time-right-now.

Al is still dealing with this, and as side result, Al has had to take day to day responsibilities for his dad, whose health is in decline as well. So between the cancer and parental care I can only image the stress he is under.

I am the main person dealing with my elderly parents who are both 88 and in memory care so know how stressful this is. When you add cancer and a growing family on top of all this...I honestly do not know how he deals with all this and keep this great forum alive all at the same time :(

So I would like for Al to know that we are thinking of him and my way for supporting him is to make a donation to the forum. I am inviting all of you to join me in this. Let's make Al's burden a little lighter and let him know we are thinking of him during this stressful Holiday season :angel: Please use this link to donate http://forum.simplydiscus.com/misc.php?do=donate.

Thanks for reading...

DiscusDish
12-21-2019, 12:20 PM
Wow. That must be really hard for them. I can’t seem to open the link. Hope he gets better. : )

Second Hand Pat
12-21-2019, 12:28 PM
Wow. That must be really hard for them. I can’t seem to open the link. Hope he gets better. : )

Hey Matt, that link works now.
Pat

Second Hand Pat
12-21-2019, 03:05 PM
Hi guys, if you try and donate on a phone using the mobile version of the forum the donate button link is not available so the link will not work. Use the full website version and everything will work.
Pat

LizStreithorst
12-21-2019, 03:32 PM
I don't have much so I couldn't give more.

jeep
12-21-2019, 03:39 PM
Me either Liz, but I'm sure the thought will be appreciated!!

jeep
12-21-2019, 03:58 PM
Just a thought, donations can also be considered or converted to premium memberships as well if interested ;)

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?104050

Second Hand Pat
12-21-2019, 05:30 PM
Same here Brian and Liz, very little bit helps :D
Pat

Disgirl
12-22-2019, 04:31 PM
I am always glad to help out. Did it.
Barb

FishFanMan
12-22-2019, 08:41 PM
Happy holidays to Al and his family. Just donated, perhaps not much but it’s my thanks to all that Al does for everyone here on the forum. And happy holidays to all here as well.

pastry
12-22-2019, 09:09 PM
Al is an incredible human being. I've spoken with him too and he really is going through a lot. Also must add in that he takes care of his brother as well who is special needs. He needs all the support that anyone can give him. Seriously such a special person.

Second Hand Pat
12-24-2019, 06:04 AM
Many thanks to those who have donated. Every little bit helps :D
Pat

RogueDiscus
12-24-2019, 12:42 PM
:)

Second Hand Pat
12-29-2019, 09:36 AM
I want to really thank everyone who donated. I know it is much appreciated. I will let the banner up for a few more days if anyone else cares to donate. :D
Pat

brewmaster15
01-02-2020, 09:41 AM
Hi all,
I honestly don't know what to say..Thank you to all of you that participated in this surprise, and especially thank you Pat. I'll admit I was a bit confused when I saw a bunch of donations come in. Now I know why. That tells you how out of touch I have been recently. It has been a very long two years. You always know that someday you will need to care for ill family members, but nothing prepares you for it and sometimes, it all happens at once. I shake my head some days and wonder the whys and hows in all of this. I can honestly say, that I grew up 2 years ago even though I was already 49; I don't know how others have dealt with it..Its heart wrenching watching loved ones decline. I try my best to stay positive and do what I can to help. But it is depressing and frustrating. You want to be able to to do something to help, but you really can't....For me that is the hardest part.

The days are a blur between Drs visits, day long chemo, Emergency room trips, and caregiving. I spend way too much time in Hospitals now. Add being a Dad to two active kids, Husband, and packing and shipping FDBW Orders. Theres just not enough time in the day. I am really sorry if some of you have tried to pm and that I haven't been online much. I have faith in the team here at Simply to handle the board, and its a huge relief to know that I don't have to worry about that. Without their help, I would have to seriously consider closing the site as I can barely handle things as they stand.

Thank you again for the thought here everyone and for the words of encouragement some of you have given me. It means more to me than you can know.

I hope you all have a very Happy and Prosperous Year in 2020.

Al

Second Hand Pat
01-02-2020, 10:02 AM
I hope it helps a little Al. We are thinking of you and pulling for you. Chin up.
Pat

LizStreithorst
01-02-2020, 04:00 PM
Al is an incredible human being. I've spoken with him too and he really is going through a lot. Also must add in that he takes care of his brother as well who is special needs. He needs all the support that anyone can give him. Seriously such a special person.

Even though the banner is gone, the donate button is always on the top. It's green. Please use it. If we can afford Discus and other expensive fish we can certainly afford to toss a few bucks at Al from time to time.

Shehzada
01-06-2020, 01:13 AM
Guys , mine is the worst case scenario I guess. My blue diamond is not eating any type of food since its arrival 2 weeks ago. It swims and looks healthy.
Help please.