PDA

View Full Version : discus show in india

arpanlib
04-29-2002, 08:00 AM
hi,
just wanted to know if anybody is from india on this board.

thanx,
arpanlib

brewmaster15
04-29-2002, 08:01 AM
Hi Arpan,
 I just sent you an instant message , but wanted to welcome you to the board. Its nice to see you posting here.

Take care,
al

DarkDiscus
04-29-2002, 08:08 AM
Hey Arpanlib!

Welcome to the board!

John

arpanlib
04-29-2002, 08:08 AM
thanx a lot for the warm welcome and for ur willingness to help me out.

arpanlib

Jeffery_Doty
04-29-2002, 01:51 PM
Welcome to the board Arpanlib!

What part of India are you from?

Are discus a big hobby in India?

Namaste.

Jeff
Oregon

arpanlib
04-29-2002, 08:15 PM
hey jeff,
u know a bit of hindi i guess. kool......

i am from new delhi and i think that i am the only one from northern india.
in the south there are a few, but not as crazy as me.... 8)

arpanlib

04-29-2002, 08:15 PM
hey arpan, i read the title and thought, 'a billion people in india, and someone wants to know if there are any people from there?? hey where's this guy from???' he he, come to canada, there's lots of people from india here!

welcome to the simply discus forum, arpan.

rick

04-29-2002, 11:37 PM
Hi Arpan,

welcome to the board.

Jason

arpanlib
04-30-2002, 01:18 AM
thanx all for a warm welcome.

arpanlib

Aditya
02-14-2003, 11:36 AM
Hello Arpanlib!!!You will be surprised to know the number of discus enthusiasts in the city of Bangalore alone!!!(Id know,cos thats where im from)
Then Poona has an equally large number of discus enthusiasts,followed by amchi Mumbai.Which brings me back to the point(at the risk of boring you),that we are large enough in numbers to form a discus society here!Even if we do not form an exclusively discus soc.it would be a beginning to form an Aquatic society in general.
Hello everybody else on Simply...this is the help I need ,in light of the above issue.What are the steps we need to take to organise a discus show(each one of us discus keepers seem to have a unique set of water standards we stick by...so how do they all show the discus in the same place??do we need to set the tanks weeks ahead and get the discus to get set in them?how does one travel with valuable fish from one show to another?...Im stumped!!HELP!) ???
thankyou for your valuable time and effort!!
Aditya

arpanlib
02-14-2003, 12:50 PM
hey aditya,
nice to see you on this board.

a warm welcome to you.

we now have a few members from india..... thankgod !!

Raj
Beta
Ashish

are a few to name and the others that have registered donot visit the form quiet often.

my .... my........ so who's planning to organise a discus show in india ??? cool............ where in bangalore ??? ...... will be there with the fish ;D

yes, i think that it needs to be preplanned atleast a month prior to the show.

a community hall would have to be rented and the tanks could be setup 2 - 3 days in advance.
tank and place and water supply is to be provided there itself and lots other stuff. maybe people will shed more light on this.

as for packing the fish and travelling is not a problem at all.
have send fish across many parts in india.
pack them in a styro with a tripple bagging and a few drops of stress coat and they will be perfectly fine. have packed for 48 hours and the fish dont get stressed much.
people here will again shed light on this matter, about packing.

will be looking forward to this discus show.

arpanlib