PDA

View Full Version : Diskus Brief postage to Australia

BlueTurquoise
07-02-2002, 08:27 PM
Curtis Kafer of Diskus Design has asked me to inform you guys that the Diskus Brief magazine (http://www.diskusdesign.net/) can be ordered off their website with the package of 18 issues for US$50 + US$9 for postage to countries including Australia.

They are working on finding out a complete list of countries in the $9 postage cost range but all other countries outside of this list will encur a $25 postage cost.

I think this is a good buy since it is 18 issues and it will cost roughly the price of 3 juvenile discus (measure everything i buy in discus terms these days! :P )

Anyway just wanted to inform you Aussies!

Cheers!

Bass
07-03-2002, 03:19 AM
I'll take the three juvies for US$50+postage instead, thanks. ;)

But it sounds tempting, they'd have some pretty nice pics in there to oggle over..
Did Curtis say if they plan on ever doing translated copies again?

BlueTurquoise
07-03-2002, 03:58 AM
Nope, I was hard pressed to even get a response from him in the first place... Why don't you email him?

Bass
07-03-2002, 04:23 AM
'Cause Ich bin ein fauler Sack, blueturquiose.

DarkDiscus
07-03-2002, 06:00 AM
I bought the back issue collection of the Diskus Brief and would have to say that together it was more useful than any of the individual discus books I bought.

John

Don_Lee
07-03-2002, 10:24 AM
I have ordered a set too, and am confident I will feel like John does once I have them.  I would highly encourage everyone to get behind Curt and buy these sources of awesome discus information.  I will be talking with Curt this weekend hopefully, as his schedule is very busy and we have only been able to communicate via email so far.  I will be talking with him about the possibility of bringing this publication back, I would think that all of the support and interest we can generate woud encourage him in the direction that would be good for all of us.

Don

Ardan
07-08-2002, 03:12 PM
Hi Everyone,
I ordered the set on July 4th on the internet. Received them today July 8 already, they were sent priority mail, shipping in the US was only $4.00.
I have glanced through them and I am impressed! 18 issues, about 20 pages each, and some very good info. It is well written and understandable, goes into very good detail too.
I think I will learn a lot, I will try to share what I learn.
I have been hunting through the local library and not much there, I have been considering more books to buy, but this looks like its exactly what I was looking for.
PH, aluminum toxicity, feeding, natural habitat, nitrates, different strains, breeding, planted discus tanks, gill worms, medication use, sex determination, wild caught discus care, formalin, diet,......... these are just some of the articles.  Looks interesting to me!
Ardan :sunshine:

ozone
07-14-2003, 01:22 AM
I was wondering where to get the Diskus brief from,

Thanks Chong

07-14-2003, 03:12 AM
LOL Bass

Wundere mich nur, Du schreibst hier aber bist zu faul ein E-mail zu schicken oder hast du einen der fuer dich schriebt auf den comp nachdem du es ihm/ihr diktiert hast ?

Ronald

For our English readers. Its just a bunch of nothin lol

keith_cny
07-14-2003, 11:11 PM
Please keep usposted. i'd be interested to subscribe if copies are available in english.

Thanks all

ronrca
07-16-2003, 11:00 AM
LOL! Bass and Ronald!

Was ist lose? Warum nicht beide, diskus und brief kaufen?
;)

07-16-2003, 03:01 PM
LOL

Das wuerde wahrscheinlich sein budget sprengen.

Ronald

Discusgeo
07-16-2003, 06:44 PM
I wouldn't send Curt a plug nickel. He rip me off a few years ago for the same magazine. He failed to keep is part of the bargain going and never sent me a refund. I got 2 lousy issues of the magazine and he pocketed my money.
George

Miles
07-19-2003, 03:00 AM
I have also ordered a set of Diskus Brief. Recieved in 3 days. Contains alot of very useful and interesting material.
Well worth the money in my book.

8)
Miles