PDA

View Full Version : Carol Roberts * * Oregon

Carol_Roberts
04-06-2002, 08:44 AM
I'm a native southern Oregonian with two adult children,  4 grandchildren and my parents all living nearby.

After 30+ years of marriage my husband is pretty tolerant of my fish tanks and fish paraphernalia scattered about the house.

My day job is Justice of the Peace.  I handle traffic tickets, misdemeanors (theft, assault and DUII), dog complaints, truck overloads, evictions, small claims up to $5000 and I marry people (but not at the door at 2:00 AM).

I have five tanks - three discus and two Africans - and a koi pond.

My well water is moderately hard, pH 7.8

Our e-mail is:  roberts@pioneer-net.com
I love to hear from new discus friends

Carol  *H*

Ryan
04-06-2002, 09:22 AM
Do you yell at people like Judge Judy?  ;D I think she's cool... she doesn't take crap from anyone.

Way off topic, but we're all animal lovers here, so I thought I'd share... a few days ago on her show, a woman had given her little Maltese dog to some friends to babysit, and then she never came back for it.. after 8 months, she was trying to get her dog back. Judge Judy went backstage and brought out her dog! lol... and told the woman that no one would possibly love a dog if they left it in someone else's care for 8 months.

Who knew someone so cold could be an animal lover? Wonder if she owns fish?  ;)

Carol, your water sounds like mine... liquid rock.

Ryan

Jeffery_Doty
04-06-2002, 09:51 AM
Carol,

We have got the Oregon thing goin' on!  I work next door to the JOP up here, his Honer Judge Shartel.  Do you know him?

What kind of Africans are you keeping?  I have some Pelvicachromis that are real neat!

Jeff
Oregon

Carol_Roberts
04-06-2002, 01:55 PM
Hi Jeff:
Yes, I know Jim Shartel - is that Washington County?.  He comes to the yearly conferences. You'll have to say "Hi" to him from  Canyonville Justice Court.  If you worked next door to me you'd be working for either the Health Department or Adult and Family Services . . .

As for Africans, I have Calvus, lelupie and rainbowfish in one tank and Frontosa, brichardi, sunshine peacocks and yellow labs in another.

Hi Ryan:
I never yell - I don't need to. . . .
Carol  *H*

Carol_Roberts
04-06-2002, 02:00 PM
I think I just got edited.  I don't have sunshine peacocks - maybe i'll have to call my aulonacara sunshine peaclocks
Carol  *H*

Ryan
04-06-2002, 02:41 PM
LOL... strange... I haven't even set a censored words list yet... I wonder if Al did that? We may have to make an exception for that word...

Ryan

Carol_Roberts
04-06-2002, 03:13 PM
Lol, could it have come built into the board?
Carol  *H*

Ryan
04-06-2002, 04:01 PM
Yes, Carol... I checked... there's a Set Censored Words list in the Admin section... I think I can just delete everything out of there... if there's any bad language (which I don't see happening here) moderators/admins can edit that out manually.

Ryan

Butch
04-08-2002, 11:18 AM
Hi Carol  ;D  Sounds like a fun job...I think :-/
Do you put people in jail?  Sounds like a good way
to keep the yard and house clean to me.
Anyway....thanks for the help you have given me in
the last three months of being a discus dummy.

Talk to you later
Butch :)

04-08-2002, 01:39 PM
Hi Carol...really good to know ya!

Terri

brewmaster15
04-08-2002, 01:46 PM
Ryan ,
 I got a kick out of that  list thats included in this software. Man those developers had dirty minds!!!!  :-[
-al

04-08-2002, 02:02 PM
Hey Carol,

I have family in Grants pass, how close are you to there?
  I will be there in June for a wedding, maybe you could give me some info on some good LFS.......   Jason

Carol_Roberts
04-08-2002, 08:55 PM
Hi Butch:
Yes, I do put people in jail.  So often in fact they installed a video arraignment unit to save on transport costs - I'm 25 miles from the jail. Just drink a few brews and drive through Douglas County  and you can see how it works  ::) :smash: ::)

Hi Terri:
I think we're around the same age, spring chicken graduates  :P

Hi Jason:
I'm about 45 miles north of Grants Pass. There are a couple of fish stores there, but none had much in the way of discus last time I checked (probably a year ago) I don't know of anywhere in southern Oregon that has good discus.  :(

Carol :heart1:

04-08-2002, 09:01 PM
yep Carol...I think we are! 45 years young! I think they are calling me an old hen now!  I just watch the spring chicks in the chicken yard!  They use up way too much energy!

T

Rusty
04-19-2002, 11:57 AM
Carol, I recognize your name as someone who was very helpful to a newbie in the past.  If I didn't thank you then, I do so now, thank you.  And as for the real reason I replied, the fish in the front of your sig, can you tell me what he is.  I have one that looks very similiar and my LFS sold him to me as a Red Ribbon, whatever that heck that is.  Thanks in advance for any info, Rusty.

Carol_Roberts
04-19-2002, 08:12 PM
Hi Rusty :wave:
Welcome to this board.  I really enjoy talking about discus and am glad I was able to help you in the past.  

The orange discus is a juvenile pigeon blood with a couple of blue cobalts behind him. It's one of the first pictures I took with my digital camera and I've used it as my signature ever since.  Discus colors are given all different names - there really isn't any kind of standard.
Carol :heart1:

amirnezhad
02-27-2003, 08:16 PM
Hi,

This is a short time that I found this board but you help me very much in this short time :)
thanks for you helps and gladd to find this bord with its very nice members