PDA

View Full Version : me, myself and Discus

beta
07-28-2002, 07:05 AM
Hi All,
This is Beta Mahatvaraj
Im from a city called Chennai in India. Quite far away.........
I have been keeping fish for the last 14 years (im 22 now) and have been concentrating on cichlids for the past 8 years.
I've been keeping Discus for the past 5 years currently have 14 of them (3 red snakeskins, 2 green snakeskins, 2 red spotted snake skins, 2 pigeon bloods, 2 marlboro reds and three red turks).
Due to import restrictions we dont get a lot of exotic varieties. So the breeds are quite common ones. The water in the city is also of not very good quality.
Other than Discus I keep a lot of other cichlids. I have around 200 African cichlids and some from north and central americas (synspilum, managuense, temporale, rivulatus....). The weather is quite hot here this year water temps went upto 34c!!!!! so no heaters!!!
I have 7 of a rare cichlid called etroplus canarensis which im trying to breed. I also have some non cichlid species like badis badis and denisonii native to India and also a pearl arrowana.
Currently i have 11 tanks.
I'll post pics of my discus sometime soon and also of other endemic species in India.

Ardan
07-28-2002, 10:53 AM
Hi Beta,
Welcome! Its very interesting to learn from people around the world! I am glad you are here. I look forward to your pictures and learning more about your fish! 8) 8)
Ardan :sun:

Carol_Roberts
07-28-2002, 12:53 PM
Hi Beta:
Welcome (again) to simply discus :wave:
I also enjoy Africans Cichlids. It sounds like you have a nice variety of discus. We have a few other contibutors from India. Some have restrictions on discus foods and have experimented with alternative diets.
Carol :heart1:

Don_Lee
07-28-2002, 05:00 PM
Hi Beta! It is great to see you here, please stay around and share your knowledge with us all. Lots of good knowledgeable discus people here that can try to help with any questions, and we are friendly too!!!!!!!

Don :wave: :wave: :wave:

Onnjai
07-28-2002, 08:18 PM
Welcome Beta!!! =)

Pete

cobalt
07-29-2002, 05:58 AM
Hiya betta
I'm somewhat new here and I hope that you will get plesure from the forum as I do.
Cobalt

bokgrasul
08-21-2002, 08:25 PM
Thank you for sharing your experience with us!
For me ,it really helps!
8)

amirnezhad
02-27-2003, 08:13 PM
Glad to know you & thanks for your info :)