PDA

View Full Version : Yonkers / New York / New York

slicksta
08-20-2002, 05:27 PM
I'm in lower Westchester County of New York. Right next to the boogie-down Bronx.....Give me a shout if you know of anything in the area. I don't know of any breeders in this area, but a couple of decent lfs's are around.

:bandana::bandana: John :bandana::bandana:

UBDISCUS
01-20-2003, 07:55 PM
HELLO MY NAME IS ROB AND I LIVE IN THE BRONX.
LOOKING TO GET MORE INFO ON DISCUS AND ALSO TO MEET PEOPLE WITH MY SAME HOBBY.
MY EMAIL IS UBALDINUCCI@MSN.COM

wildthing
01-23-2003, 03:34 PM
I am in downtown Manhattan, near the Holland Tunnel
:)
DW
new york discus
wilddiscus.com
212 226 8126

PARCS46
03-31-2003, 09:37 AM
Hey Guys: I'm in Queens: Astoria,NY! Anybody close please give a shout. Thanks: 8) 8) (Discus Devil)

xpotato
06-04-2003, 04:35 PM
I am in Brooklyn, NY
Do you ppl know any breeder or hobbyist?
May be we can split orders

O
06-04-2003, 09:58 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm on Staten Island. Spent most of my time in the city tho. vedici@yahoo.com.

O. ;D

xpotato
06-05-2003, 10:16 AM
Hi all,

Where do you ppl get your disus? By mail order or any suppliers in NYC? I went to some pet stores, those fishes are expensive, and they don't look good ::)

O
06-05-2003, 10:25 AM
deffinitely mail order. Cary at great Lake Discus is very good, Gabriel at wattleydiscus.com. I'd never buy from LFS.

acorn54
06-25-2003, 10:38 PM
i'm in bethpage on long island
to answer your question you might want to check out these people
universal discus
chad at discus obsession
tony peng at sunrise tropicals
a discus dream
aquatechnics.net
gwynbrook farms
discus fantasy
discus farm
i can only vouch for tony peng at sunrise tropicals. i got 8 leopard turks from him june 24 and i am happy.best quality discus i have ever had. he emailed 4 pictures of the discus he set aside for me and told me i could back out of the sale if i wanted to. his site is updated frequently with pictures of what he has for sale. his prices are fair. to get quality discus you have to pay. there are NO bargains out there

dan724
08-02-2003, 04:36 PM
Hey Slicksta I'm in the bx now, but lived in yonkers for years, WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THE GOOD PET STORES ON CENTRAL AVE!!!! I've been out of the hobby(12yrs) for a while, getting back in SLOWLY. What shops do you go to? Let me know because I'm looking for some tanks, or if you know anybody with a used tanks. There seems to be a place on the Island called FCdiscus(frank) can't find an address or website.

fcdiscus
08-02-2003, 08:24 PM
Hey Dan, fcdiscus@aol.com. Frank ;)

DiscusBob
08-10-2003, 05:54 PM
I'm in North Jersey...about a 25 minute drive from the Lincoln Tunnel.

I'm just getting into breeding again...selling off most of my 10 week old juvies as we speak....

I can be reached at Corn9006@aol.com.

mench
08-10-2003, 10:11 PM
Hey all you NYC and LI and NJ guys,PLEASE e-mail me with your address and phone number,if ya want,...I will be visiting my daughter,they just got a house in Queens Village,for the first week in Sept.so I told the bride...if we are spending a week in NYC and we don't have anything to do while the kids work during the day...I am going to look for discus people to visit....So send me a e-mail and hopefully we can work out a time for a stop.
Thanks,
Mench