PDA

View Full Version : Bay Area/San Francisco. California.

08-20-2002, 06:39 PM
I know there are some of you in this area.

Onnjai
08-20-2002, 07:51 PM
YO!! SF over here =)

Pete

Tad
08-28-2002, 03:51 PM
Central Valley "Turlock" about 2 hr drive from SF

Tad

erikiiy
09-03-2002, 12:37 AM
I am pretty new to discus.

I am in Alameda.

Onnjai
09-03-2002, 01:04 AM
Sup Erik,
hmmm alameda.. not too many discus place around there. Only Bing Seto, but havent check out his place yet. Oh almost forgot, welcome to the discus world man!

Peter

Tad
09-12-2002, 11:50 AM
I would like to extend an invitation to discus hobbiest to attend the "first" meeting" of discus enthusiast in Northern and Central California. Redspotted and myself dtfujita have been talking for awhile about meeting and talking about this fantastic hobby. WE are planning on a get together in Turlock California on October 5th. We would love to have any or all of the Simply gang who live in Northern California to come together to share our knowledge and experience in raising discus. The plan is for all of us to meet and create a network of members in our area. Future plans include meeting in different locations to spend the day socializing and possible trips to different discus sellers and breeders. It is also our intent to make this a social gathering that includes food and fun. If you can attend please contact me at dtfujita@charter.net.
Hope to hear from you,
Tad

09-12-2002, 01:25 PM
Hi San Francisco,Northern and Central Ca , this will be a good opportunity to meet all the hobbists in your area and actually talk discus and have a good time.....
For the Bay area folks, you can come over to my place and I'll drive to Tad's, just in case you need a ride..
Hope to see some of you on Oct 5th..

Phil..

sagryf11
02-10-2004, 09:11 PM
I am new to iscus and was wondering if anything has come from this meeting? Was some kind of club formed?

Robert
Berkeley, Ca

sagryf11
02-10-2004, 09:25 PM
Sorry for the spelling mistake ie; iscus, should be discus

Robert

Tad
02-10-2004, 10:43 PM
sagry,
We did have one formal meeting in 2002 and have been meeting informally since. One informal was a field trip to San Francisco to Sunrise, Universal and Fairy Lakes and at least 2 informal meetings in Antioch at Phils shop "Fin-tastik" No formal group has been established but we do stay in touch.

HTH,
Tad