PDA

View Full Version : Upstate New York discus nuts

mench
08-20-2002, 07:18 PM
Ok,Ok,how many of us are in the Rochester,Buffalo,Syracuse ,western Pa or southern Ontario part of the country???????

Mench

arvind
09-12-2002, 11:59 AM
hi, i'm in buffalo, new york.

wanna meet up to see discus

regards
arvind

SSTurner
01-25-2003, 11:05 AM
:-\Just found this. :-\ Keep trying "mench" we need a club or something to get people together. Steve

lcs
01-30-2003, 08:26 PM
I'm in Rochester 8) I know we can get people together if we just go ahead and make a plan and invite everyone who might be interested. Mench, I know you brought this up before the holidays, but let's try again!

Let's find out who's in the area and get some ideas about where to meet. I know Mench has already graciously offered his home as a place to get together; we could also meet at a Perkins, or something similar that is on a main street, just as a "get-to-know-you" thing, especially for those from outside Rochester. Of course, I'm assuming we will be meeting in Rochester, but it doesn't have to be.

Lisa

keith_cny
01-31-2003, 01:00 AM
Count me in if you are allowing "outsiders". I'm from Binghamton area.

Keith

lcs
02-01-2003, 01:25 PM
Of course we would accept outsiders! Would you want to meet in Rochester? I guess it will depend on where the majority of the people are from.

Hey Gary! Are you in??

Lisa

SSTurner
02-02-2003, 07:45 PM
Count me in, and my house can be on the trip/tour of Rochester Keepers :) Steve

keith_cny
02-05-2003, 12:15 AM
Hey Steve,
How are the Sunrise fry looking?

Keith

lcs
02-06-2003, 03:46 PM
OK...just to keep it in everyone's mind...

So far we have:
Mench
Arvind
Keith
Steve
and myself

interested in an upstate NY get together, most likely in Rochester. I know there are more of you out there who would be interested so please let us know!

Steve - a trip/tour of keepers/breeders in and around Rochester is an interesting idea! I'll know where to get my fish when I am finally ready! ;D

Lisa

lcs
02-12-2003, 08:45 PM
Bump...

Where are all the NY discus people??? :(

Come on everyone!

Lisa :)

fossil
02-14-2003, 11:46 PM
I'm in NY :) about 20 mins from 'Cuse.

lcs
02-15-2003, 02:34 PM
Thanks fossil!! I was beginning to wonder what happened to everyone! Would it be too far for you to come to Rochester??

Lisa

keith_cny
02-15-2003, 04:59 PM
Fossil,
Where are you? north, south, east or west of cuse? I'm south of cuse!

Keith

fossil
02-16-2003, 02:30 PM
I'm east of cuse. I wish I could meet with you all but I'm only 15 and my parents would probly not want drive me up to Rochester. They think I'm nuts as it is to be obsessed with fish. Maybe in a couple of years I could drive up your way. :)

-Keep in touch fellow NYers.

fossil
02-16-2003, 03:04 PM
That reminds me I have a problem, maybe some of you could help me with. I am getting a new tank soon (when I get the money)and I'm looking for some discus. I need some recomendations on breeders. I wanted to buy from Great Lakes Discus, how far away are they from me?

-thanks

keith_cny
02-16-2003, 04:25 PM
Cary at GLD seems to be a great choice. Honestly I have not gotten any fish from him yet (anxiously waiting for the weather to break around here before I order). Many here have though and there has not been one complaint that I have seen. He is in the Detroit area. That must be about 8 hour drive from you (just guessing...8 hrs from me and I'm near Binghamton). There are many other excellant breeders that visit here also.

Keith

fossil
02-16-2003, 06:18 PM
Any breeders around us that would be less then a 2 hour drive? :-\ :)

--------------------------and thanks

fossil
02-18-2003, 08:46 PM
:-X?

mench
02-18-2003, 11:13 PM
Hey Fossil if ya can make it to Rochester after ya get your tanks set up and ready for fish,I think I can help ya out on some fish...
What size tank are ya setting up,and do you now have any discus??

Mench