PDA

View Full Version : Southern Alberta, Canada.

darcy
08-20-2002, 07:54 PM
Hi all I live in Medicine Hat, alberta. I would love to hear from all the discus nuts in alberta or anywhere else in Canada!!

Darcy

Smokey
08-21-2002, 04:31 AM
Howdey Darcy;
Been up your way, however it was during the week days, so I did not have time to call, sorry.
Got the discus comming in at the end of the month.
By the way will you be going to the Calgary Show and Auction, long weekend?
Take care
Smokey

ronrca
08-21-2002, 10:49 AM
Calgary Show and Auction? What? This long weekend? Where?

You have some discus coming? Cool! From where and what kind?

darcy
08-21-2002, 02:19 PM
Hey there Smokey!!!
geez anytime you are in town just give me a call!! I can give ya my work number. We can get together for coffee and talk some fish.
As for the calgary auction I'm thinking of going but have to see what develops. If I go I will let you know and we can meet up there! Take care.

Darcy

Smokey
08-22-2002, 02:55 AM
Howdey Darcy:
Sorry about not hooking up with you, perhaps when I'm out that way in September (?).
I have discus coming in the same weekend, Calgary, so I hope to take in the show and hopefully the auction.
Let me know if you will be attending.

Smokey

DiscusKing
08-24-2002, 07:27 AM
I'll be there... coming from Winnipeg for the weekend...
here is all the info about the CAS show
Show Dates: Saturday August 31, 2002 to Monday September 3, 2002
Location of Show: Highland Park Community Hall, 3716 2cnd Street N.W., Calgary, Alberta
Sunday is the auction
9:00 AM – 10:30 AM: Delivery of auction items
10:00 AM – 11:00 AM: Public viewing of auction items
11:00 AM – 6:00 PM: Public auction
For more info see CAS website
http://www.calgaryaquariumsociety.com/

Smokey
08-30-2002, 03:04 AM
Howdy Darcy;
Will you be around this weekend - 30 to 1st. I may be up in your neck of the woods and I would like a cup of coffee.

Send me a e-mail as I will be hitting the road around 9:00 Friday morning.

Smokey

Smokey
09-01-2002, 02:25 AM
Howdy; Well nothing went as planned, this weekend.. Discus weren't shipped from Brisbane, missed the show in Calgary, r.o components were short shipped( they forgot the membrane), lously weather in Lethbridge, Birhtday mom off dancing in Glenwood... So, sorry not this time for coffee.
Next time...I hope...
Keep the coffee pot warm!!!!

Smokey

Smokey
09-16-2002, 03:25 AM
Thought I would drop in and say hello. Haven't heard from you in awhile.. ;D ;D
Give me a shout

Smokey
09-22-2002, 12:58 PM
Darcy; Yes, I did get your E..
Sorry , I have been very busy , I picked up my discus on Thursday, in Calgary... Drove up in a huge windstorm and returned in a snowstorm....Alberta weather..go figure !

They arrive in excellant condition, despite all the rough handling by the airlines !!!
6 - red tourquoise X red spotted greens; and
3 red diamonds ; all about 12 to 16 weeks old, 2.5 and 3"... Rod Lewis has bred some beautiful discus...
April did a wonderful job in making sure they were reshipped to me..

Me, I am very HAPPY !!!!

talk to you soon

Smokey

darcy
09-22-2002, 03:14 PM
Good deal Smokey!!!!
Your gonna have to post some pic's! When you get a chance send me an email. Talk to ya soon!!
Darcy

Smokey
10-14-2002, 04:45 PM
Hi Darcy; HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

The discus are eating like no tomorrow, growing like russian thistle! ..feeding every hour.
At this rate I'll have to go and rustle another beef. They don't hang rustlers still; do they???
Oh well, hunting season is happening ; maybe a elk or whitetail heart to spruce up the discus diet.

You know I do plan on comeing down your way for a visit; I have gotton as close as Bow Island, but had to turn south towards Foremost. ( I've got an empty space in my tank ). Got to get some of your flat land discus; lol.

Take Care.

Smokey

darcy
10-14-2002, 09:45 PM
Hi Smokey
HAPPY THANSGIVING to you also!!! Good deal on the new discus, I'll have to come and see them sometime!!!
Geez we more than likely passed each other on the hi ways and bi ways as I 've been putting the miles in myself! Well no more road trips for me I'm back to the regular 9 to 5 drill.
Anytime you want to stop give me a ring the coffee's always hot and discus talk is number one on my list!!!!
Take care!
Darcy

Smokey
10-16-2002, 04:55 AM
By the way do you drive for a living??

or just picking up your roof shingles when the winds blow....

Ron mentioned the Edmonton aquarium club is having there auction on the 27th of this month... from expierence.. great deals.. lots of fish.. and plants.. lots of plants by Rudy( he is the Canadian importer)..

Want to go !!?

ronrca
10-17-2002, 06:39 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhh! DONT! Am I stupid? :'( :-\ :( >:( >:( :bomb: :crazy: :flame: :fried: :furious: :puke: :sick: :waaa: :waaa: :waaa:

I wanted to go so badly also but I planned something already on that day! That really sucks! O, well! Next time I guess! At least I can save money for next time!

Im so jealous! Have fun and let me know how it is (was)? Take some pics maybe!

O, btw Smokey! Henry says Hi!

darcy
10-17-2002, 07:40 PM
Ron
easy buddy easy!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o

Smokey no I don't drive for a living just trying out one of our sales position's at work. I'm now back in the shop where I think I'll stay! That's a Sunday eh? I'm not sure if I can go or not? Which way will you be going? And how long are you staying for? At least we would have a free bed and some supper as my Mom lives in Leduc and would kill me if I didn't stop in for a bite!! Let me know.
darcy

ronrca
10-18-2002, 10:48 AM
Let me know if you need some barrels Smokey! 45-50G barrels, $20 each!

Smokey
10-26-2002, 12:19 PM
Sorry, but I can not attend at this time.

Perhaps, the spring auction.

Barrels yes .. how?? I don't know.. still working on that one yet.

Smokey
11-16-2002, 09:23 AM
howdy Darcy:
Long time since I heard from you. Where are you hidding???
Hope every thing is fine.

Drop me a line sometime,eh.

darcy
11-16-2002, 09:58 AM
Hi Smokey
I'm still here!!!! I had a visious cold and let my email's slid a bit. I'll email ya soon!!
Darcy

Smokey
11-16-2002, 07:29 PM
Howdy Darcy;
Hope you get better, hint spend more tme next to the warm discus tank; and a drop of Buckleys never hurts.
I haven't been doing any travelling lately; since I received my discus, I stay pretty close to home.
thank god i saved a lot of equipment from my Edmonton operation; the pumps, heaters filters are a godsend. Not to mention the tanks. Presently the seven discus; I did lose two to freight shock, are doing extremely well. They have grown a bit, colours are really showing.. and they must be part pirana.. the way they attack their food !!.

I'm slowly settling in for the winter, brrrrr!

tlk soon

Smokey

darcy
11-21-2002, 10:16 PM
Hey Smokey send me an email will ya I want to talk with you!! I'm back to my normal self again!!! Good news on your fish!!
No winter here yet feels more like spring!!
Darcy

Smokey
02-24-2003, 12:31 PM
YOUR fry are doing great...lots of water to swim in , 'cept they all hang around the front glass... food-feed-food-feed- is this what ya teach flatlander fish???
Soon they will be MOUNTAIN DISCUS. roar like a grizzly, run like an elk, soar like an eagle. Boy do they like my beef-heart.... mmmm mmmm good!!!
There are showing great colores already !!!! and being so young, good sign.

darcy
03-01-2003, 12:51 PM
Excellent Smokey!!!!!!!
Glad you like them little bugger's!!! yes they do like to eat don't they!!!!! Now where's my filter's????
Darcy

Smokey
03-03-2003, 12:01 AM
HMMMMMM, Darcy ; you are next on the to-do - list - board.
I guESS I will just Have to set aside my 33 g. leaker, and leave the poor fry crammed in their tiny little cramped 20 gallon unit; with no sump, cause i HAD TO USE THEIR SUMP FOR THE ADULTS.

Smokey

April
06-26-2003, 08:40 PM
have all you albertans clicked the what country are you from poll in general? we need more canadians to click. just one tiny click will do it. : )