PDA

View Full Version : New York / Long Island

chuck
08-22-2002, 06:09 AM
Hi,
I live on Long Island , Suffolk County (Deer Park) I can Be reached at CRDiscus@optonline.net

PARCS46
03-28-2003, 12:26 PM
Hi Chuck: I was talking to Al (Brewsker) last night about the first get togeather of NEDA in CT. That took some doing on his part, tying up all the loose ends. We had a nice chat and he seems like a keeper. I asked him to keep me in the loop so I can be at the next meet. Mabey at that time the attending parties could lay out some guidelines and officaly declare (NEDA) the North East Discus Assoc. as a legitamate functioning discus Hobbyist/Breeders entity, and attach it to the Intrenational Society for same. I'm going to talk to Al again about this, as it was his concept as far as I know. I'm surprised a grassroots beginings had not started decades ago. I always thought there were clubs in the area? As I have mentioned I'm located in Astoria, NY. Appx. how far away are you in miles. Just curious to see your set up and get a look at those fry. I'm not trying to impose, just like to meet people with similar interest. Thanks Much: Sincerely, :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
(Discus Devil)

brewmaster15
03-28-2003, 06:17 PM
Hey DD!

he seems like a keeper-- I sure hope my wife thinks so! ;D

Actually the idea for a club in our area was the joint product of my Friend...Jeffrey Richards in Rhode Island and me, with much imput and support from all the people that attended.

We have a great group of people around here. At this point the second meeting is being planned and details will soon follow. I think its a great idea to solidify some details on waht to call this group, when we will meet, and who will gently guide, the meetings. Once we have all this , Simply Discus will host a website that will be dedicated to that group.

good talking to you last,
al

gary
03-29-2003, 01:24 AM
When is the next meeting? I can not wait ;D ;D ;D
Gary

04-06-2003, 11:28 AM
I would love to join. keep me posted.
Mat