PDA

View Full Version : Planted Tank Pics

RAWesolowski
09-03-2002, 11:26 AM
Borrowed a digital camera to see how they work... My wife complained that all I was doing was taking pictures of the fish and my tank. Thought I might share.

RAWesolowski
09-03-2002, 11:27 AM
One more

BlueTurquoise
09-04-2002, 07:35 AM
Nice tank! Good job Bob!

Chong

Pamela
09-04-2002, 10:37 AM
:D Nice tank of fishies and plants Bob. Your swords look very healthy and I love that driftwood. What size tank is that?

Have you thought about putting some more plants around the wood? They look awesume together.

Pamela

RAWesolowski
09-04-2002, 09:02 PM
Pam -

Thanks for the leads on plants that you gave me on the chat board! Still trying to figure out if I'm energetic (dedicated?) enough to do the CO2 thing.

The tank is a 36 bow front from All Glass and the wood is Wellaby that I think is a brand name for African something something.

I have re-arranged this tank, wood and plants, twice in the last two months. The first time, the wood was horizontal with the tall end in the large sword. Discus did a good job of ducking behind the wood and losing themselves in the sword. Nice hiding spot, but nobody believed that I had fish.

Second time, I went minimalist without the sword or the wood. Problem was no hiding spots and fish looked stressed and spooked... a little attribution of human characteristics by me... they didn't look happy.

This time I decided to go with two cover areas, wood and sword. Sword hides, somewhat, two filter intakes. Wood hides heater. What I like is that my desk is to the left of the wood. When the discus hide, they look right at me! Startled them the first time!

Wood also has an arc at the bottom that rises two inches from substrate and is five inches wide. The larger fish will use this to enter and exit! Go horizontal.

Have a small sword that needs fertilizer near the front of the wood as well as alternathera, both need to grow.

RAWesolowski
04-11-2003, 01:31 PM
6 months later, the alternanthera has died back, the grass swords have been pruned, trimmed and pulled. Amazon swords continue to dominate with crypt wendtii doing well.

Debbie
04-12-2003, 02:02 AM
Tank and fish look great!

korbi_doc
04-12-2003, 09:35 AM
:bounce2: :bounce2: DITTO!!!!!!!!!! good job, Dottie 8)

ChloroPhil
04-13-2003, 08:50 AM
That's a great aquarium Bob! It looks to be just about the right mixture of plants and space for your discus. Way to go! BTW, I love that large sword on the left. Very nice!

RAWesolowski
04-06-2004, 03:06 AM
Interesting to see the progression of plants in the tank...