PDA

View Full Version : SEPTEMBER SPOTLIGHT - MAT WITH ONE T

DarkDiscus
09-12-2002, 09:40 AM
Here's this month's spotlight, a little early to make up for last month being late! Thanks, Mat, for your prompt response! Ladies and Gents, MAT WITH ONE T!!

Q: Please tell us all a little about yourself?

A: Well, believe it or not, I am a laid back, easy going guy. I was not always this way, and perhaps the cynical, sarcastic, and sardonic attitude I developed while running the mean streets of the Northeast, where I was born and raised, still find a way to manifest themselves into my personality. I think that because I call a spade a spade and take virtually no crap from people, it is assumed I am some wise guy. I really am not. You'll always know where you stand with me, a quality I like in other people. I believe in "Live and let Live" but, if I let you live, you're going to let me live, too. This planet is big enough for all sorts of people and beliefs.

I moved to the Pacific Northwest, the Tacoma/Seattle area in 1984 and stayed until 1994. I moved back to Pennsylvania in 1994 to take care of a personal matter and thought maybe I'd just stay there. Wrong. I was miserable there and quit my job in 1996 and moved back to Tacoma, Washington. I bought a condo in University Place, Wa. (a Tacoma suburb) in September 1997 and have been here since, living a quiet life and flooding my neihgbor below me occasionally. She has been real sweet about these mishaps, fortunately.

I love the Pacific Northwest, not only for the natural beauty, but also the cultural diversity. I have found the many different peoples who inhabit this area make it the real place that it is.

I am 50 years old, long time divorced with a married daughter and 2 beautiful granddaughters who reside in Pennsylvania.

Q: How long have you been going by Mat with one T?

A: One t Mat developed as a kid. My best friend, who lived two doors down from me, was also named Larry. Since we always hung out together, it got to be confusing. People started calling me Matty, taking the first three letters of my last name and forming a nickname for me. When I got older, Matty was changed to Mat, and just stayed with me.

Q: How did you get into discus?

A: My father raced homing pigeons and had a friend who raced them also. Pete also raised tropical fish, bettas, fancy guppies, and other livebearers. He always said how he would like to raise discus. On Christmas 1960, at age 8, I received a five gallon tank with common guppies in it. Soon, I had 12 tanks and was breeding many different livebearers, some cichlids like convicts and angels, and bettas. I was spending a few weeks with a cousin in Rhode Island when I was 15 and saw a Black Piranha in a LFS. Of course, I bought it. Then the guy got in a Red- bellied Piranha the day before I was leaving to go back to Pennsylvania. And yes, of course, I bought that too. I ended up with a dozen piranhas over a years time.

Then it happened. The LFS where I did most of my business got in a pair of wild brown discus. I remember how Pete said he'd like to raise them. Discus were the ultimate challenge he said. I sold off some pirhana and bought the discus. This was like 1969. Two weeks later, he got in another pair. Of course, I bought those, too. And what a price I had to pay - $19.99 per pair.

I managed to keep them alive for a couple years in the hard, alkaline water from the limestone springs and streams from that part of Pennsylvania. Needles to say, no spawning was ever accomplished in that 20H tank I had both pairs in, along with a pair of Golden Rams, a small school of Cardinal Tetras, a Red Tailed Shark, two Kuhli Loaches, a couple cories, and a common pleco. I had an UGF and an old Dyna-Flo Power Filter on the back. 50% water changes performed every Saturday and once a month I would breakdown the whole tank so it was nice and clean. There wasn't much information in those days. I knew from the little TFH magazine that discus liked clean, warm water. I also jacked the heat up the heat the whole way to 80F to accomodate these "warm" water fish. They lived for 2 years like this before I found life in the fast lane and had no time for fish. I sold all my tanks and fish at that point, but my interest never died.

Q: How long have you been into discus?

A: In 1990 I bought a tank. In a month I had four tanks and many dwarf cichlids species and then one day I saw a beautiful discus, a brilliant blue, at a LFS. I watched it for a week, then bought it. Then I saw a red turquois that was nicer at another LFS. I bought it. Now, I decided to buy a 90 gal tank and before you know it, I had 10 discus in it. I was back in the fish game.

Q: How many discus do you currently own?

A: I currently have 12 discus I am growing out. Six each are from Mike Wells and Cary Strong. I have a dozen more coming from Dennis Hardenburger in Oregon shortly. I am looking forward to these fish. I think Dennis is one of the real experts on this forum, as quiet as he is. Cary has two adults coming my way, too, shortly. I also have 24 adults, of which 9 mated pairs are formed. I only have 2 pairs together in their own tanks at this time.

Q: How many tanks?

A: I have had 24 tanks running at one time, but have cut that back to half as I have most of my adults combined. I am a little afraid having that many tanks up and running in a 3rd floor condo. Know what I mean?

Q: What strains do you have?

A: I have Marlboro Reds, two different varieties of solid yellow(one from brown discus blooline and one from Pigeonblood lines), Cobalts, San Merahs, two different Snakeskin lines, some Greens and RSG's, and the odd Turquois, tangerine and two Red Turquois.

Q: What strain/s do you like best?

A: What is my favorite discus variety? Well,it may be easier to say what I don't like. I don't like the white discus varieties, although I appreciate the work done to get them there. Quite impressive display of knowing genetics in my opinion. I just don't care for them. Pigeonbloods have become boring to me as well as the million and one varieties of Leopards. I like the Wattley striated discus that looks alot like the late Dr. Schmidt_Focke's line (yes, I know they swapped discus) as well as his Coerulea Blue line. I love a solid green discus and the many red varieties. I have taken a liking to the SS varieties too of late. But, if I had to pick one discus to have, for those of you who have the book "DiscusCatalogue/Atlas by Degen and TFH Pub. turn to page 60. This wild Royal Green discus is, to me, the ultimate discus. If every discus I owned looked like this specimen, I'd be one happy man.

Q: Are you presently breeding discus or is it something you plan on doing?

A: I have not been really breeding discus of late. The couple pair I have together seem to want to eat their spawns. One female has just started spawning and the other is just with a new male. I have a few pairs laying like crazy in the community tanks, however. I have a beautiful male MR that never spawned with a nice female form Cary as well as a nice MR male from a LFS with another female from Cary. I want to get a line of these discus going if possible. I aslo want to get a SS line going and possiblely some San Merahs.

Q: Any tips on breeding or raising discus?

A: Daily large water changes is key to me for keeping healthy discus. Of course, feeding blackworms defeats that purpose. Sorry, couldn't resist. Patience and work are also important. I saw Jack Wattley on Long Island in the mid '90's and he said something that was really important and I don't know who all heard it. He said, you have to decide what you really want to do - watch TV or raise discus.

There are no short cuts. Certain things must be done or failure follows sooner or later.

Q: Alright. The big question. What is the deal with you and the blackworms?

A: The blackworm thing is something that I like to bust chops with, especially with Al and Cary. It's all in fun to me. I had a bad experience attributed to blackworms in my mind, both with discus and some Appistogrammas that I used to raise. I quit feeding bw's and the problem ceased. I am fully aware of the upside of blackworms and don't deny them. I think there is a definate risk, and haven't fed then since. One of the MR males I have dwarfs the MR females that were raised on BW's. That fish never sampled a blackworm.

I have considered isolating a tank and experiment with bw's on some discus. But, that's just a thing I am ONLY thinking about.

Q: What is your most exhilarating moment with discus?

A: I had a special feeling when I received my first shipment of discus. They were from the man himself - Jack Wattley. That was a very special feeling to me as I released these discus into their tanks. Then, a pair spawned like 9 months later. Special again.

Q: What is your most frustrating moment with discus?

A: That pair of Wattley discus ( F1's from wild royal blues and his striated strain) ate the first 25 spawns. One set was 7 days free swimming and I thought that I was over the hump with them. Ha. Surprise!!

Q: Do you have any future discus plans?

A: I would like to get set up in a place other than a 3rd floor condo so I can do some serious breeding. You know, just a couple strains and try to create a nice discus. I have no plans of trying to be a player in the discus world. This is a hobby to me, theraputic. If it ever becomes like a job, I'd more than likely lose interest.

Q: What would be your ideal discus set up, within the realm of possibility?

A: Okay, sort of a continuation of the last question. A room or building with plumbing and proper electrical connection to run a hundred tanks if need be. Well, maybe 75. lol. And time, lots of time!

Q: Tell us a little about your personal life?

A: Well, let's see here. Some of this was already covered in question one. I'm not sure what I can add. I am laid off from my job. I am a Medical Laboratory Tech. I am looking at another career oppurtunity presently in the area of personal finance. I love Starbucks Coffee, although I am strictly a decaf man. I am a slave to nothing, not even my discus. They are a choice. I am a straight shooter and I stand up for and by my friends. I got your back. I always had my friends back and they knew it, even in the mean streets years back.

Other areas of interest are Eastern spirituallity and philosophy. I think the three most influential men of the 1900's were Albert Einstien, Mohandas Gandhi - the Mahatma, and Bob Dylan. Malcom X was probabally the most misunderstood man of the last century.

I used to be an avid fisherman, but seemed to have lost interest for some reason.

I like sports. Am a very long time fan of the Colts (yes, Johnny U died today), The St. Louis Cardinals, and the Boston Celtics.

Q: How do those in your life feel about discus?

A: Everyone seems to be supportive of my discus. They know they are part of me and thats the way it is. Fortunately, no one has made a thing about it. Knowing the man I am, I suppose the know if it came to an ultimatum, they know that answer and it's probabally not what they want to hear.

Q: Do you have any funny discus stories to share with us?

A: No really funny discus stories. I tried breeding two females for 6 months and couldn't understand why I always had eggs and no fry. Then there was my meeting of Ray Kosaka as I had the time zone wrong and called him up in the middle of the night waking him from a deep sleep. He was most gracious about it all and was willing to talk in spite of being woke out of a deep sleep. Of course the guy that I am, I let him get back to sleep. Maria Cruz had her moments from time to time, too.

Q: Do you have any thanks or credit to give for your success with discus?

A: Without a doubt, the biggest influence in my discus keeping was provided by Jack Wattley. I have read about all there is to read by him and to this day subscribe to TFH solely for his column. I wish I knew him personally. I did have the pleasure of meeting him and having a 20 minute chat with him.

The forums have been very beneficial, too. I won't mention names, because I'll forget someone and don't want anyone feeling left out.

I have gotten to know a few of you guys, Cary, Mike Wells, and Beth on the phone and Nate, Dennis Hardenburger and Jeff Doty in person. Also email buddies with a bunch of you, John Nicholson and the late Jim Quarels come to mind first. And then Maria and Barb N got to know each other.

Well, thats it. Thank you all for your time and interest. I had to let the really juicy stuff out as I don't know if the statute of limitations had run out yet. But, thats probabally best.

Q: Thanks again Mat, and it was nice getting to know you!

brewmaster15
09-12-2002, 11:27 AM
I really Like these Spotlights! Feel Like I just met someone for the first time when I read them, until of course they mention your name in it! ;) :)

Really great job John, not that you've done a bad interview yet!

And as for you Mat with one T... Thanks for sharing you life with us, though I have to be a straight shooter here myself. :).. you are a pretty good wise -@ss too, when you want to be! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D even if you are laid back about it!

Thanks again guys,
al

DarkDiscus
09-12-2002, 11:32 AM
Al,

Since we're being honest, this one was really easy for me. Mat answered the questions so well I had virtually no work to do, other than to think up questions and some minor edits! It was a pleasure!

John

John_Nicholson
09-12-2002, 12:02 PM
Mat now that you are a cleb will you still talk to me.......

-john

P.S. Mat is really a great guy.

Surfghost63
09-12-2002, 01:52 PM
Hi guys !

Now you can see why I first nominated Mr. One T Mat for September spotlight !!!! ;D

I knew he was going to surprise us.

Thanks Mat and John for sharing.

Best Regards,

Bill :guitarist:

Barb Newell
09-12-2002, 07:39 PM
Hey Mat, it's great to learn more about you. Thanks for sharing. ;D (I already knew you were a nice guy... I mean... !)

Take care,

Barb

Ardan
09-12-2002, 08:40 PM
Another Great Spotlight!
Really great to learn more about you Mat! 8)

Great job John!

Ardan :sun:

Jeffery_Doty
09-13-2002, 10:04 AM
Mat,

Thanks for the bio! Nice to get to know you even better.

I have had the pleasure of driving around Seattle with Mat and Dennis, crusing for discus. We spent the day hitting shops and enjoyed a nice tour of the area, and a great pizza. I can tell you first hand, that Mat is an honest, straight-forward guy. He is also someone who would be the first one to help a guy or gal in trouble. And, he has a wicked sense of humor!

John, thanks for putting in the time to give us these great spotlights!

Jeff
Oregon

09-13-2002, 04:19 PM
Hey One T.

You're not such a big :flame:meanie:flame: after all. LOL :funny: :funny: :funny: ...

Heck, I'm thinkin John can pull the "good" from almost anyone now. ;D ;D ;D Way to go John... :thumbsup:
Maybe this one should be posted in the Bullring as well...... he he

Thanks for allowing us to get to know you better.

Julz

Pamela
09-13-2002, 04:31 PM
Nice interview Mat, thanks for sharing. But where are the photos of you and your discus??? ;)

Pamela

brewmaster15
09-13-2002, 04:57 PM
Hi Pamela!
We have to go easy on Mat here. Its taken us 10+years to get him to open up this much. If we push too hard he'll regress, so we'll just to be patient ;) :)

take care,
al

Don_Lee
09-13-2002, 05:05 PM
Great interview! What a fascinating group of people we have here, with such diverse interests. Thanks for being interviewed Mat, I like straight shooters! Sounds like you led a very interesting life, with much more to come.

Don

PS-Pamela, where are those pics of you! lol

April
09-13-2002, 10:55 PM
Heh Mat with one T and my neighbour to the south....that was a good interview.
one of these days...i may get down across that border....
I should come and see carol.....and you...and jeff.....and dennis..

09-14-2002, 10:37 AM
Great job again John + Matt

But There are a few things I would like to Bring to Light!

first You say Starbucks Coffee is the way to Go.
come on Matt everyone Knows Tim Hortins Coffee is the Bomb! Plus I hear Buck has worms in his Beans :D :D

Then You say How tuff Your Hood was? Again I must Say
How could a city like seattle be tuff with words like
essay, Local + milkweed. Not to metion a football team named seahawks :P

Even Kurt Covain after leaveing The small city new there were many way's in But only one Way Out! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Then You continue to speak about dwarfs.
Well I was with Maria last night and Your Name Came Up alot! Hee.hee.hee.

Well Am just calling a spade a spade But I leave Mine in the garage. :P

One Thing you did have Right and I agree On was Dennis.
A expert indeed who really appreciates a Quality Discus.
Not To mention a very supportive Guy! THANKS Dennis.

TakeCare'
Cary Gld!

P.S I will arm wrestle You for Beth! May the best man win
LOL!

Chad
09-14-2002, 10:50 PM
Great work with the bio...

Mat with 1 t i am still trying to figure you out!! LOL
Good stuff nice to get too know your background a bit....

Chad 8)

09-15-2002, 03:03 PM
Cary,

It's about time somebody busted my chops a little. I was feeling neglected ;). A few things though:

Tim Horton's Coffee :puke: We serve better coffe than that at our McDonalds. :coffee:

Didn't grow up in Seattle. Seattle's too laid back to be too tuff. Pennsylvania was where I roamed in my youth. Ever here of it ;D

Curt Cobain did Seattle a favor by leaving. He could have saved the dramatics, though, and just took a bus. 8)

We have a football team up here ???

One thing about Maria Cruz :gorgeous: , she's a cheap slut who'd lie to her mamma. She told me I had the nicest Apistogramma cockatuoides she had ever seen. She also liked my Apistogramma cacatuoides. :o

That's not all you should leave in your garage. ;) I have two gals. of muratic acid I don't need. Want it? I hear you use alot of it :P (inside joke between me and Da Man", although it wasn't too funny at the time >:( )

Arm wrestle ??? I own two semiautomatics. I don't get physical anymore. I don't like to sweat.

Thanks, my friend. I needed the harrassment :P :) ;) ;D

Chad,

Don't try to figure me out. It's an exercise in futility.

April,

I'll be here. 15 minute straight shot off I-5.

Al,

Funny. You're right though. :vanish:

Thanks Pamela. For latest pics of me, check your local post office. The latest is very complimentary. Black is a good color for me. ;D

I am a big meanie Julz, I was just feeling soft and fluffy that night. :whip:

Thank you to all. I appreciate the nice things you said, although my feelings were a little hurt no one really cracked on me :'( :'( :'( :o ;D ;D ;D til Cary came along, and that wasn't even as bad as I thought he might get.

Mat

09-16-2002, 01:18 PM
:spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit:

09-16-2002, 01:40 PM
Hiyas One T

Great bio... :shocked:

This bio was not what I was expecting .... I just knew or atleast I thought I did.... think that the harsh to the point sarcastic, cynical, and sardonic attitude was going to show up in here :-X

You're so misunderstood :-\ .... it's really good to know that there is a soft side underneath that ruff and tumble sounding guy that we have all learned to like so much ( ok so most of us anyway ;D )

Q: What strain/s do you like best?

But, if I had to pick one discus to have, for those of you who have the book "DiscusCatalogue/Atlas by Degen and TFH Pub. turn to page 60. This wild Royal Green discus is, to me, the ultimate discus. If every discus I owned looked like this specimen, I'd be one happy man.

To eaches own :P

In "DiscusCatalogue/Atlas by Degen and TFH Pub, nothing nicer than D261 or page 305 :P .... hehehe.... and ofcourse my next choice would have to be D120 or pg 155

If your pairs are eating so many spawns apparently you're not using screens? Just curious as to why ???

Jack Wattley definately nailed this when he said it
He said, you have to decide what you really want to do - watch TV or raise discus.

black worms :bounce: black worms :bounce2: black worms :funny: just thought I'd add that in :funny: do you ever see in the future that maybe one day you'll try them again?

Starbucks decaff :coffee: well...... there's a Starbucks close by, I guess I'll have to find out for myself if it's better than McDonalds lol.... I can't imagine any coffee better than "Cafe' Du Monde" in the French Quarter with some nice hot beignets ... yummy ;) If you're ever in the neighborhood I'll have to bring you out that way and then you can see for yourself... they do have a decaff here too ;D

What is this
I have gotten to know a few of you guys, Cary, Mike Wells, and Beth on the phone I'm not a guy.. :o geez... I thought you knew that already from all the phone calls ... I know :idea2: it must be the voice :P :o I enjoy our phone conversations immensly :-*

I'd love to make the trip to Seattle sometime.... think you may have time to show me around? I'd love to see a few of the sites and some local breeders in that area ;) I hear it's a Beautiful place there ;)

The Bio was Great Mat and John.... Thanks for taking the time :thumbsup:

Beth

09-16-2002, 02:35 PM
Hey Beth,

I suppose you're right about "to each his own" in tastes. I wondered why those two pics, pgs. 155 and 305, were even included in the book. :P

Yes, I screened the eggs after she ate the 1st two spawns. She just blew the babies out from behind it after they hatched. To her credit, she is standing intently over a batch right now. The only thing is, the eggs are almost all white now. The male didn't seem too intersted in his part of the spawning activity, although he stood watch, too. It was his first time.

A nice cup of French roast decaf in the French Quarter sounds wonderful indeed. :coffee: I regret Starbucks has no decaf French roast, but their decaf Sumatra is the best I've ever had.

I'd be happy to give you a tour of the area if you ever are in town. I do require a notice, though. No walkins. :P

Mat

09-16-2002, 05:46 PM
HEY!!!!! HEY!!!! HEY!!!!

WE DID'ENT EVEN ARM WRESTLE YET! NOT LOOKEN GOOD FOR THE GLD HEE.HEE.HEE :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

P.S :waaa:

TAKECARE'
MY FRIENDS
CARY GLD

09-16-2002, 09:52 PM
I'd be happy to give you a tour of the area if you ever are in town. I do require a notice, though. No walkins.

How much notice are we talking here ??? say.... a day or 6 months :P

Hey Cary....

Can I get a personal guided tour at your place..... how much notice will I need to give you ???

I still :love: ya Cary :-*

Anyone from Simply Discus is Welcome to stop by my place anytime :P

although a 5 minute notice would be nice ;D

Beth

09-16-2002, 10:13 PM
My point being is I am a bachelor and I require enough time to hide the dirty laundry and clear a path through my condo ;) Takes a day or two, unless of course you like to clean the place for me ;D ;D :P

Mat ;)

discus4me
09-16-2002, 10:41 PM
since i'm new im gonna make it short and sweet. I really enjoyed the bio of mat with one T. Thanks for all the honest answers you seem to have a solid grip on what life is all about :D :D :D :D :D whatever makes you happy. your new friend in kirkland

09-17-2002, 05:00 AM
Thanks Kirkland. We need some more Western Washingtonians on the board. Eastern Washingtonians, too, even though they want to recede from the State ;).

Cary,
Start a competition that you would have a chance of winning, sonny boy. This one is a Real Man's game ;), not Duh Man's, I mean Da Man's game. ;D (and I don't mean arm wrestling)

Beth,
Sorry about the "guys" thing in my bio. It must have been the voice..... :P. The bad thing about visiting the Pacific Northwest is that people never want to leave. ;D

Mat

Carol_Roberts
09-18-2002, 01:51 AM
Hi Mat:
I just read your interview and the rest of the thread. It was a well thought out interview, good question and good answers.
Carol :heart1:

Mike_T
09-18-2002, 08:55 AM
Mat,

I feel like I know you better already. When I met Goober, I thought "man does this guy have his head up his @ss!" Turns out you just know your stuff. ;) Glad ol' Mat came back, I've learned quite a bit from you.

When's your birthday? I'll have Dan drop ship some blkwrms...I can get the bulk rate @ 3 lbs or more! ;D

Mike T 8)

09-18-2002, 06:38 PM
Hey Mike.

Trouble over there was those guys just wanted to hear what they wanted to hear, like, sure, it's okay to keep Kissing Gouramis with your discus, or sure, if you know where your fish come from, no need to QT. ;D ;D ;D

Goob set them straight, then along came Maria, with a softer touch, but same results. So, I logged off and never went back. :P ;)

Good to see you here.

Mat :-*

Francisco_Borrero
09-20-2002, 08:52 AM
I love the Spotlights! You guys are great and this is a great feature of the Simplydiscus forum.
Thank you one-T Mat for sharing, and thank you DarkDiscus John for spearheading this effort.
Cheers, Francisco.

majesticman
09-25-2002, 02:11 PM
Nice info you have posted, is this you.. Or your perception of yourself ????????
Awfull lot of vagueness.
Saw some statements regarding your willingness to respect other folks to thier opinions, could you extrapulate on that please.
Thanks

09-25-2002, 02:26 PM
Ut Oh....... :o :o

One T.............

Take a deep breath, count to 10.
Remember there are lots of us who really enjoyed your interview. :)

Julz

brewmaster15
09-25-2002, 02:29 PM
Bruce,
I will post this only once. Do not bring your attitude and personality conflicts from other forums (the DAAH) to this forum. It will not be tolerated.
If this is unclear Instant message me and I will clarify how we do things at this site.

-al

09-25-2002, 02:29 PM
Give me a Break... I can't believe you brought your personal Issues with mat to this board.

Over the last few weeks you have lost a lot of your creditability and now this???

Bruce give up and Just go away.

Mike

Chad
09-25-2002, 04:38 PM
I have to agree man!!! BAD TASTE!!

Again this is when i wonder about the BullRing!!! Sorry Mat!!

Chad 8)

09-25-2002, 05:43 PM
Sorry to disappoint you, Bruce, but the Spotlight is not intended to be an indepth personal autobiography. It's purpose is to just to give a little insight into the people who post here.

What are we but the sum total of all our experiences, how we perceive them and then manifest that perception into our daily lives in accordance to our spiritual belief systems? I am not sure I understand what you'd like to hear.

Mat

scottwheels
09-27-2002, 09:26 AM
One T, thought the spotlight was great. Razor sharp ;). A pleasure to get to know you a bit better. I know this post is late, but hey, how many posts can you read in a day?!!

Cheers, Scott

calgalindi
09-29-2002, 09:28 AM
"thought the spotlight was great. Razor sharp" Mat is a big asset to all of us....90% of his 560 posts were lectures on how to raise discus. Sorry to hear that he has never had a successful spawn perhaps "ADD MORE SALTS" will help...My 15 year old brother is a CONVICT CICHLID BREEDER too.

09-29-2002, 02:21 PM
Hi Cal,

Thanks for the nice words, however you may have misinterpeted my words about spawns. I have had many successful spawns with many different pairs, even the pair that ate the first 25 spawns eventually produced many good fsh for me.

Mat :)

EthanCote.com
10-03-2002, 05:18 PM
Salut Matt (errr I mean Mat)

It is indeed nice to get an insight into the mind of Mat. I have always enjoy your posts on Simply. They have always been entertaining as well as insightful.

Please don't let that humour die, and keep on posting!!

Thanks DarkDiscus for taking the time to type all that down ;D

Cheers,

Chi.

m_m_m_discus_nut
03-30-2003, 11:17 PM
Thanks one t Mat for telling me about this forum and DAAH forum and Joe's forum. Also thanks for all your help this past 6 months starting up with discus. The 10 discus I got from you are all doing good. They are very beautiful in my tank. Too bad you can't post here anymore :-\

Mary