PDA

View Full Version : E-HEIM

TOMMY
09-24-2002, 02:33 PM
Hi all. I would like to know if anyone here has had this experience with their filter...
I have a 2215 on my 45g tank. Last night after a water change all these tiny micro bubbles started coming out of the spraybar and it took all night for the bubbles to dissipate. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks
-Tom-

DarkDiscus
09-24-2002, 04:35 PM
Tommy,

I just don't like canisters at all, but have never had that particular model.

My guess would be you got some air into the system and it was just spitting it back out at you.

John

TOMMY
09-24-2002, 04:43 PM
Na, that thing has been set for a couple of months already. My guess is that it has to do something with the bacteria inside?

-Tom-

SoloDiscus
11-15-2002, 04:01 PM
Hey Tom does it have the big push button on top to get rid of the air in the lines??

TOMMY
11-15-2002, 04:07 PM
No, the only E-heim that comes with a self-priming device are the Ecco canisters and the Pro II. I still haven't found out why and it is still happening. I might just have to pull that sucker apart and do some research. I will post again when I find out why.

-Tom-

SoloDiscus
11-15-2002, 04:10 PM
I believe I have the pro II It sounds to me like its a priming thing but I am no expert by any means I just figured if it was like mine I could help. Hopefully someone out there knows

TOMMY
11-15-2002, 04:20 PM
Thanks! Could always use more advice or ideas. I believe it to be a crack in the seal somewhere or maybe a dead weather loach trapped in there somehow..... who knows?
I will get to the bottom of this one though! ;D

-Tom-

11-15-2002, 04:37 PM
I don't have an eheim Tom...
But have one of those god-forsaken fluval 404's (304 no prob) and has been trouble from the word "get-go" I have run into the need for a new gasket, and then some... Including cracking the canister when I threw a tantrum... aquarium poxy, fixed that one. Anyway regarding the non self-inflicted troubles ::)I went directly to the manufacture (via the net) with all my concerns and they were glad to help. Have you tried that route yet? One would think they should know best...

Just a thought. Hope you find it....

Julz

TOMMY
11-15-2002, 05:11 PM
Interesting..... I have a whole crew of e-heims that are up and running here and there but this is the only one giving me this problem... Also the most neglected one, meaning I don't clean it as often as my discus ones. I'm sure that there is a logical reason for this. E-heim like Mercedes (exception of the C-class) are designed for simplicity and function and are usually easy to service. If you ever ride in a "real" Mercedes, you'll notice the door lock will "hiss" into lock or unlock. There are no electromagnetic switches that "click" them back and forth. This is due to the use of mechanical rather than electrical parts which are not too reliable. On their cheaper C-class models they use more electrical parts to keep the cost down so they can compete in the market. Anyways back to the e-heims(classics)... they seem to be more simple and down to earth as far as design is concerned. It should be easy to detect any problems, I just gotta get around to doing it! I will consult the manufacturers as a last resort because I am kind of a "do it yourself" type.
Thanks for your input and sorry for the ramble. :P

-Tom-

Ivan
11-15-2002, 05:43 PM
I used to have a Fluval internal that used to hiss and spit bubbles at me. Realized that I had to clean it and it would stop. In other words sewage gasses where forming in the filter from all tha gash in it. Just a thought.

TOMMY
11-15-2002, 05:46 PM
Thanks! That is kind of what I was suspecting too. If all this one needs is cleaning, thank goodness. If not, I have a spare 2215 in a box in the closet.

-Tom-